For EDC: Sig P938 or Glock 19 Gen 4?

This is a discussion on For EDC: Sig P938 or Glock 19 Gen 4? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for an EDC for my wife (birthday gift) and she has medium sized hands. More than likely, this will be in her purse ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: For EDC: Sig P938 or Glock 19 Gen 4?

For EDC: Sig P938 or Glock 19 Gen 4?

I'm looking for an EDC for my wife (birthday gift) and she has medium sized hands. More than likely, this will be in her purse so no need for holstering unless she's on the range. She has held the Glock before but not the Sig. I have held both and prefer the Sig because it's it feels better to me. Maybe because it has a 1911 feel to it, I don't know.

Anyway I am torn between the two. I'm not sure if one is better than the other. I know the Glock has twice the capacity so that might be the deciding factor. BTW, she picked out these two from a lineup of Springer XDS, STI Spartan III, S&W M&P 9C, Glock 19 and the Sig P938. Thanks for any input!

2. Remove Ads

Glock 19

VIP Member
    Apples & oranges, IMO.

Both are fine firearms.
    103FLHX likes this.

Why apples and oranges, because one is steel and the other is polymer? I just want to know which would be better for EDC. Seems both are reliable and have good reputations.

Has she tried racking the slide on either or both?
    .XX and NickBurkhardt like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

I have had both and right now only have the glock 19, I like the simplicity of a glock and internal safeties just point and shoot. More capacity never hurts although my best friends wife lost her firearm while carrying off body in her purse cause she left her purse behind at a restaurant. so the smaller sig might be better for her for more carry options.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Let her pick out the one she likes the best.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Quote Originally Posted by slovan View Post
    Why apples and oranges, because one is steel and the other is polymer? I just want to know which would be better for EDC. Seems both are reliable and have good reputations.
    Apples and oranges because one is a 1911 SA platform while the other is striker fired with no safety. One is single stack while the other is double stack. One is tailor made for deep concealment, the other while concealable can also be employed as a duty weapon. Oh and yes, one is steel and the other polymer.

Have her try both if you can. If not and she insists on keeping it in a purse then the Glock. Most importantly though, if it's for her she really needs to try it out and see which fits her best - guns are like pants, one size does not fit all.
    rdnkmulisha and miller_man like this.

Right....let her pick it out.
    scgunlover1 likes this.

If I had to choose, I'd take the 19 all day long. And that is coming from a guy who loves SIGs.

The 938 will carry easier, no doubt. Smaller and thinner. Sweet trigger. But the Glock carries pretty easy itself. Holds 15+1, easier to shoot (for me at least.) Sights, holsters, and mags everywhere. Easy slide to rack. Cheaper than the SIG, although not by much.

I dunno. I imagine either is fine. But if you get the SIG, get the SAS. That is one sharp gun.
    5lima30ret likes this.

I'd go 19. But then again I'm a Glock guy. It's going to have to be her call.

OTB
    Im a 6'0'' 195lb 30 year old male with an admitted affinity for tiny guns. I have a Glock 26 and a Sig P938 and my two cents would be 938 all the way.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."
    -- President Ronald Reagan

Thanks for the opinions! This is what I wanted to see. A case for both guns. I guess I won't be able to surprise her so I'll just have her see both again and go from there. Thanks for ruining the surprise!

Sig 938. As a woman having tried both before a purchase, the Sig was a much better fit for me/concealing. Small frame. I would never carry a Glock in a purse though. While it's a great pistol, there is too much that can go wrong with purse carry/get into that trigger guard for me to ever feel comfortable carrying a Glock that way. It's such a personal decision that your wife should decide. What's great for me may not be for thee. I love my 938 SAS. Pretty to look at, no sharp edges, and it has been flawless through 730+ rounds now with a newbie.
    bgusty and Spudboy66 like this.

Sig P938." For When It Counts"
    "A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."
    Getting old is mandatory,growing up is optional.
    "You are born. And you die. And if you are very lucky in between you get to ride motorcycles."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links