Kahr CW45 - I Likey!

Kahr CW45 - I Likey!

This is a discussion on Kahr CW45 - I Likey! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I purchased a Kahr CW45 and decided to shoot up some appliances to try her out. I've only shot about 25 rounds through her but ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Kahr CW45 - I Likey!

Kahr CW45 - I Likey!

I purchased a Kahr CW45 and decided to shoot up some appliances to try her out. I've only shot about 25 rounds through her but so far I like her. Here's a twelve round group in a water heater that didn't stand a chance. This was only 7 yards but I think she'll do fine out further. Can't wait to get a couple hundred rounds through her to see how reliable she's going to be.

Kilowatt3 and ccw9mm like this.

Congrats! I have the CW40 I use for my EDC. Carries well and stays hidden for me (3:30 IWB). The 40 was pretty stiff and snappy when I first got it, but after about 500 rounds it is nice and broke in. Only had one ejection problem, but I think that was an ammo issue.

Enjoy!

I like the one I got, she's been great so far(CW45). I had 1 FTF, but it was me pulling the slide back and letting it go in stead of hitting the slide lock lever.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    for 350 bucks they are IMO a steal......I need one now
    Czombie and Kilowatt3 like this.

I'm going to sign out a used CW45 and see how it runs. Been toying with the idea of getting another Kahr, but well, maybe not.. We'll see. This one's 305.00 in the box
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member
    I owned one briefly and loved the trigger and accuracy. However, I ended up trading it away because I absolutely hated the takedown of the Kahr and that is the one reason why I will never own another Kahr. The takedown is horrible, especially on a new gun.
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I've heard they HURT like a son of a gun......... Pachmeyer slipon grip has been the answer, accoring to several customers at the store
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    I've heard they HURT like a son of a gun......... Pachmeyer slipon grip has been the answer, accoring to several customers at the store
    I have to disagree. I find my CW45 to be pretty tame... and I'm kinda a recoil-sensitive sissy.
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee 1973 View Post
    I purchased a Kahr CW45 and decided to shoot up some appliances to try her out. I've only shot about 25 rounds through her but so far I like her. Here's a twelve round group in a water heater that didn't stand a chance. This was only 7 yards but I think she'll do fine out further. Can't wait to get a couple hundred rounds through her to see how reliable she's going to be.

Nice shootin! How was the recoil?
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

VIP Member
    I have a CW45. Easy shooting and has been reliable. One word of caution, if your going to carry it IWB and you sweat a lot, make sure you keep the mag release button clean and lubed with a water displacing lube. They don't make it with a stainless release and it will corrode on you!
    farronwolf and CLASS3NH like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    Nice shootin! How was the recoil?
    Recoil not bad at all. There was a ten year old boy that kept asking me to shoot it last night at the gun club. I finally let him (under close supervision). He handled it like a champ. I don't know where the claims of them being painful to shoot come from. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    I owned one briefly and loved the trigger and accuracy. However, I ended up trading it away because I absolutely hated the takedown of the Kahr and that is the one reason why I will never own another Kahr. The takedown is horrible, especially on a new gun.
    I'm not having too much trouble with it. I just use a Glock takedown tool to punch out the slide stop. I prefer guns that don't need tools to field strip but it's not too bad.
    CLASS3NH likes this.

The CW45 is pretty easy on the hands, not painful at all to shoot even hundreds of rds.

I find that I can simply use the corner of the magazine base plate to push out the takedown pin on my CW45 or the wife's CW9 enough to then pull it out with my fingers.

I am sure you will find that it carries very easy for a gun that only gives up one round to a 1911, but weighs 2 lbs less.

Congrats.
    CLASS3NH and Lee 1973 like this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Lee 1973 View Post
    I purchased a Kahr CW45 and decided to shoot up some appliances to try her out.
    you must have a very understanding wife.
    Lee 1973 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Don't forget 1911 mags will work with the CW45 (although it has issues with some) AND will most likely fit in a holster you already own, what's not to like?
    CLASS3NH, Lee 1973 and Kilowatt3 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links