Glock 17, Lone Wolf barrel and raised sights

This is a discussion on Glock 17, Lone Wolf barrel and raised sights within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looks like another Glock is going to find its way into my safe. This one is a G-17 with a suppressor. It will be a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Glock 17, Lone Wolf barrel and raised sights

VIP Member

Glock 17, Lone Wolf barrel and raised sights

Looks like another Glock is going to find its way into my safe. This one is a G-17 with a suppressor. It will be a while before the tax stamp comes so sorry no pictures yet. ( it is a Gen 3).

My Question is about the Lone Wolf barrel, any good, bad, ugly with them? ( I imagine will get the factory barrel with it. I will pick up the gun in 48 hours thanks WI> ) The suppressor will thread onto the Lone Wolf barrel that is the reason for the change. I will also need to get raised sights any suggestions?
    WHEC724 likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

2. Remove Ads

I have no advice about the barrel, but as a fellow Wisconsinite I can concur that the "cool-down period" only makes me angry that I have waste gas driving back to pick up my gun.

Please keep us posted on the suppressor when you get to shoot it - how effective it is, what brand and if you don't mind, what cost. I would like to put a threaded barrel on my G19 and I'm hoping I don't have to spend $800 bucks to get a good suppressor for it. Have fun!
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

VIP Member
    All you Glock guys and nobody has a Lone Wolf Barrel??????
    Wyatt Earp

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Uh, they work but have a silly looking logo on top unless you pay to not have it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Uh, they work but have a silly looking logo on top unless you pay to not have it.
    could I buff it off??
    Wyatt Earp

VIP Member
    IMG_0259.jpgIMG_0261.jpg
    here it is half way done. got the threaded barrel, next will be the raised sights any suggestions??????? someday my tax stamp will come in and I can pick up the can!
    Wyatt Earp

Currently sold out, but may be available on Amazon or with a vendor.... AmeriGlo Weapon Sights | Suppressor
    147gr JHPs and that will be a sweet whisper in the ear of many a squirrel in your neighborhood.
    MrBuckwheat likes this.

I prefer 45 glocks for my cans just as it is a subsonic round

For subsonic rounds in 9mm ... Look here United Nations Ammo Company (UNAC) they had some real nice sub sonic rounds for 9mm that are loaded in AZ

Also the Winchester train and defend FMJ are subs but some rifle and handgun wont feed them .. Glocks will and 92 will I know

I dont mind using irons .. Mostly as these are carrying guns and silencer sigts are a bit much for me but the Amerigol are good and there are other companies that make silencer sigts

I use storm lake barrels or I like Gemtec barrels

What you need to know on Glock factory is that they are euro threaded not noraml american like 1/2x28 etc so you will need a custom adptore for the can ... Also of course same issues as noraml glock barrel no lead nose reload or too many at least

Is this your first can ? Is what brand you get ? I like the AAC or librarty or similare as they are muitl cal cans and the wait as it is I want to use them on as many guns as I can .... Also look at getting a rifle for that can that is real fun .... I am building up a 45 acp AR15 for that reason ....

And if your first can ... Dont ever grab the barrel after firing it is hotter then heck use a rag ... And do check it after firing a few rounds to make sure it has not screwed off

I know one can that is box in shape so no need for raised sights .. Frankly I learn to live with it and aim over them .. Not pinpoint but gets the point done
    DingBat and MrBuckwheat like this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Lone Wolf barrels are good to go. I have 3 of them.
    MrBuckwheat likes this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ETXhiker View Post
    Please keep us posted on the suppressor when you get to shoot it - how effective it is, what brand and if you don't mind, what cost. I would like to put a threaded barrel on my G19 and I'm hoping I don't have to spend $800 bucks to get a good suppressor for it. Have fun!
    you're not going to find a cheap suppressor for a Glock. Nielson Device. Virtually all autoloading pistols (ok, any blow back operated gun) will require a Nielson Device to ensure the weapons cycles properly. (HK P7's - Desert Eagles - any pistol with a barrel fixed to the frame would NOT need one)

a can on an AR-15 is just a hollow tube with baffles.

but the Nielson Device is a moving weight inside the can that momentarily negates the weight of the can so the barrel doesn't "know" there is a big weight hanging off of it, and it can cycle properly.

Glock's- especially have a much stiffer lock-up than say, a 1911, but even a 1911 still requires a Nielson Device.

Google will tell you everything you want to know.

now- all cans are priced as if they are made of un-obtainium as far as I am concerned, especially "dumb" cans, it's really just a simple muffler. but ones with Nielson Devices at least justify some of that exorbitant cost with the working mechanism of the Nielson.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It's a cool looking little wolf, you rather have a sheep?

Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    you're not going to find a cheap suppressor for a Glock. Nielson Device. Virtually all autoloading pistols (ok, any blow back operated gun) will require a Nielson Device to ensure the weapons cycles properly. (HK P7's - Desert Eagles - any pistol with a barrel fixed to the frame would NOT need one)

a can on an AR-15 is just a hollow tube with baffles.

but the Nielson Device is a moving weight inside the can that momentarily negates the weight of the can so the barrel doesn't "know" there is a big weight hanging off of it, and it can cycle properly.

Glock's- especially have a much stiffer lock-up than say, a 1911, but even a 1911 still requires a Nielson Device.

Google will tell you everything you want to know.

now- all cans are priced as if they are made of un-obtainium as far as I am concerned, especially "dumb" cans, it's really just a simple muffler. but ones with Nielson Devices at least justify some of that exorbitant cost with the working mechanism of the Nielson.

Many cans now even if in the 600-700 range ( about normal for a decent centerfire handgun can) have a built in Neilson or so some sort .. For example the AAC tirant in 45 whihc can be found for 600 or less if you look has a device that is not called it but it is ... Just screw on and go ...

But yeah some of the older can maybe not.. So alwasy good to check
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Senior Member Array Bigsteve113's Avatar
    Only one I have is a 40-9mm conversion for my G23. It works flawlessly with G19 mags.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Looks like another Glock is going to find its way into my safe. This one is a G-17 with a suppressor. It will be a while before the tax stamp comes so sorry no pictures yet. ( it is a Gen 3).

My Question is about the Lone Wolf barrel, any good, bad, ugly with them? ( I imagine will get the factory barrel with it. I will pick up the gun in 48 hours thanks WI> ) The suppressor will thread onto the Lone Wolf barrel that is the reason for the change. I will also need to get raised sights any suggestions?
    I have a Lone Wolf barrel on my G19. Drop in, works fine. Chamber is tight. If you handload, you'll probably want to run your reloads through a Lee Factory Crimp Die to ensure reliable feeding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links