Joining the Darkside sooner than thought, but Gen3 or Gen4?

This is a discussion on Joining the Darkside sooner than thought, but Gen3 or Gen4? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, after stumbling across Glockmeister I have since built myself a master Glock 26. Think I am going to go with the Gen3 over the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Joining the Darkside sooner than thought, but Gen3 or Gen4?

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar

Joining the Darkside sooner than thought, but Gen3 or Gen4?

So, after stumbling across Glockmeister I have since built myself a master Glock 26. Think I am going to go with the Gen3 over the Gen4. Not sure yet. But I have become very smitten with the G26. I love the fact it can use EVERY 9mm mag from all the other Glock pistols. That is awesome. 10, 15, 17, 33 round mags. Talk about handy. Perfect little SHTF pistol to have in a Day Pack with a few 33 rnd happy sticks. Any reccomnedations of the Gen3 or Gen4? I just don't want to get the Gen4 and then be agitated with it as I IWB carry it due to its aggressive grip texturing. But regardless, I have been bitten. How will I manage this in my already crowed carry rotation? I have 3 carry pistols as is lol.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion, Diamondback DB-15, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, S&W Bodyguard .380, FN Five SeveN 5.7.

Semper

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SigIsTheAnswer View Post
    So, after stumbling across Glockmeister I have since built myself a master Glock 26. Think I am going to go with the Gen3 over the Gen4. Not sure yet. But I have become very smitten with the G26. I love the fact it can use EVERY 9mm mag from all the other Glock pistols. That is awesome. 10, 15, 17, 33 round mags. Talk about handy. Perfect little SHTF pistol to have in a Day Pack with a few 33 rnd happy sticks. Any reccomnedations of the Gen3 or Gen4? I just don't want to get the Gen4 and then be agitated with it as I IWB carry it due to its aggressive grip texturing. But regardless, I have been bitten. How will I manage this in my already crowed carry rotation? I have 3 carry pistols as is lol.
    I understand where you are coming from. The grip texture was just too rough on my side when carrying IWB, so I wound up putting a bicycle inner tube over the grip of my Gen 4 Glock 27. Works fine for me now.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

VIP Member
    Heck, I'd stick with the Gen 4 and be happy with it.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

since the G26 has had the dual recoil spring since inception in 1995, I don't think you are gaining much with a Gen 4 other than a few
    backstraps and different grip texture. All my Glocks are Gen 2 or 3, so I can't comment on the difference between the G26 Gen 3 or 4, but
    I've ownek a G26 since 1995 and its one of my "always" guns. As you mentioned, its just too darned versatile to not like. Add a 33 round G18 mag and you become an Army of One.
    5lima30ret and gatorbait51 like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Senior Member Array flintlock62's Avatar
    I carried a G23 Gen4 numerous times OWB under a plol shirt. The grips never bothered me, and i have bay window.

VIP Member
    You ask for our opinions. My opinion is Get The Gen 3. The aggressive texturing of the 4 grips hurts my hand and that's not even firing one!

I used to have 4 carry guns, but my G26 and my S&W 60 are so perfect (size and comfort) for me for carry that the other 2 larger guns have become range guns. OR - you could change them out every few hours each day so they don't get lonely........ LOL
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

I have been leaning toard the Gen3 actually. Thinking I am gonna "pull the trigger" on it next week.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion, Diamondback DB-15, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, S&W Bodyguard .380, FN Five SeveN 5.7.

Semper

VIP Member
    WHAT!!!!!!!!!will you change your name???????How can you ????????

I like me Gen 3s in fact just got a big brother for my G-19 today. A 17 Gen 3.

My edc is a Sig but I like Glocks and 1911s. ( and wheel guns )
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Have both a G19 and 26 that are Gen3. Love them !
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Senior Member Array Bigsteve113's Avatar
    I have Glock Gens 2, 3, and 4. I like 'em all about the same.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    WHAT!!!!!!!!!will you change your name???????How can you ????????

I like me Gen 3s in fact just got a big brother for my G-19 today. A 17 Gen 3.

My edc is a Sig but I like Glocks and 1911s. ( and wheel guns )
    No I can't change my name. I will still rock the Sig's from time to time. The P229 has taken up the quick action safe for house guard detail. That is an honor in my book. The Glock 26 and the Sig 938 will take over for most carry times.
    gatorbait51 and MrBuckwheat like this.

Semper

Never worked the 26, but I carry a 21 gen4 IWB and have no problems with the stock grip texture - I added Talon grips (not the sandpaper ones!) to it a few months ago and like it just fine. I do wear an undershirt when I carry IWB though, so YMMV, WWYPFI, whatever other acronym applies.

VIP Member
    Man up and get the Gen 4

I've got a Gen 4 26 and both the Gen 3 and Gen 4 19 and although I can tell the difference in the texture of the grips in just handling but when I'm shooting it all goes out the window and feels the same. To me.

Around here the difference in price is less than buying the third mag separately, YMMV.

Try just plain Genesis. I am no Bible thumper. Try Genesis anyway. If Genesis don't work for you Revelations should.
    SigIsTheAnswer likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Try just plain Genesis. I am no Bible thumper. Try Genesis anyway. If Genesis don't work for you Revelations should.
    "In the beginning Gaston created the Glock 7. It's a ceramic gun and costs more than you make in a month. And on the 7th day Gaston rested."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links