New 1st Sig owner

This is a discussion on New 1st Sig owner within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bought a new Sig P938 today it is is lock down until the state clears me . 8 days...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: New 1st Sig owner

VIP Member

New 1st Sig owner

Bought a new Sig P938 today it is is lock down until the state clears me . 8 days
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I hope you enjoy it when you finally get it. It's buy and fly here in the Gunshine state for a CWFL holder.
    welder516 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Its a great gun, 8 days long time..... we got 48 hours for hand guns and thats too long.
    There are some nice holsters from Sig for the 938 and they also make some extra capacity +1 ( 7 round mags) if you can find them
    welder516 likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

VIP Member
    Congratulations - I hope you don't need it in seven days.
    welder516 likes this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    Bought a new Sig P938 today it is is lock down until the state clears me . 8 days
    Congrats on the pistol....Wow on the 8 days....
    StormRhydr and welder516 like this.

SIGS are not for me, but generally speaking they are good weapons. Hope you really enjoy it.
    welder516 likes this.

I feel your pain. I just bought my first Sig (P250), and have to wait for it to ship!
    welder516 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck808 View Post
    I feel your pain. I just bought my first Sig (P250), and have to wait for it to ship!
    Only problem this pistol was in the case one minute and once i bought it they rushed it off for me not to look at no more like it was infected with the Bubonic Plaque . It is the Maryland quarantine as per the sucky rules or laws.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine

The P938 is my main EDC semi auto. Also have the P238 which I do not carry anymore since the P938 is just slightly bigger. I also have a Sig M11-A1 for my big boy gun. I have also owned a Sig P229, 226 and 220. I like Sigs for my all metal guns. For Polymer, I go to HK or FNH.

Check out the Silent Thunder holster from Garrett industries. It is a Kydex holster with a leather interior. Got mine in two weeks. Not bad for custom made. IMHO, the Mika custom pocket holsters are the best around. Not pretty to look at and not made of fancy leather but they ALWAYS stay in your pocket when you draw and allow for a full grip when drawing. For $30, it cannot be beat. I have one for every pocket gun a own. Robert at Mika started off making them for LEO friends who spread the word. Just Google Mika holsters and you will be hard pressed to find many negative reviews. Most pocket holsters grip the gun tightly like and IWB holster does, requiring you to catch it on the corner of your pants, push off of it to free the gun, etc. The Mika works like the Nemesis but it is not tight around the gun. It holds it in place while in the pocket but allows for a very easy draw. The holster will protect your trigger and safety lever. The best way to explain it is that it is like a pocket liner. It is springy so that it hugs the inside of your pocket, rather than the gun. Safe and quick.
    welder516 and Kennydale like this.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

A Sig-Sauer is worth the wait. I love mine and my wife enjoys hers. That's the secret to a happy marriage- his and hers Sigs. :-)
    welder516 and whoppo like this.
    “When they come--stay calm. It's a cannon!!!!!!!"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Dog View Post
    The P938 is my main EDC semi auto. Also have the P238 which I do not carry anymore since the P938 is just slightly bigger. I also have a Sig M11-A1 for my big boy gun. I have also owned a Sig P229, 226 and 220. I like Sigs for my all metal guns. For Polymer, I go to HK or FNH.

Check out the Silent Thunder holster from Garrett industries. It is a Kydex holster with a leather interior. Got mine in two weeks. Not bad for custom made. IMHO, the Mika custom pocket holsters are the best around. Not pretty to look at and not made of fancy leather but they ALWAYS stay in your pocket when you draw and allow for a full grip when drawing. For $30, it cannot be beat. I have one for every pocket gun a own. Robert at Mika started off making them for LEO friends who spread the word. Just Google Mika holsters and you will be hard pressed to find many negative reviews. Most pocket holsters grip the gun tightly like and IWB holster does, requiring you to catch it on the corner of your pants, push off of it to free the gun, etc. The Mika works like the Nemesis but it is not tight around the gun. It holds it in place while in the pocket but allows for a very easy draw. The holster will protect your trigger and safety lever. The best way to explain it is that it is like a pocket liner. It is springy so that it hugs the inside of your pocket, rather than the gun. Safe and quick.
    I will check them out Old_Dog on the holsters . I really like the size of the P938 for concealment I want to pocket carry and IWB carry for this gun .
    Member of the NRA
    1775 Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    Congrats on the new Sig!

But Jeez! Do they also have a law that an enraged estranged spouse or a psycho doper ex-son-in-law has to wait nine days between the time they threaten you and actually try to kill you?
    welder516 likes this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Congrats on the new Sig!

But Jeez! Do they also have a law that an enraged estranged spouse or a psycho doper ex-son-in-law has to wait nine days between the time they threaten you and actually try to kill you?
    I could not agree more with you , soon you will be able to buy pot here and walk out the door and we will still be waiting for our guns . I am SMH big time . I truely hate this state and the crooks that run it .
    Member of the NRA
    1775 Thomas Paine

Congratulations! Hope you love yours as much as I do mine
    welder516 likes this.

You will love the P 938. It is one sweet shooting pistol. I will always have a 938.
    welder516 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links