Taurus TCP report

This is a discussion on Taurus TCP report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just Got back from the "range" with the TCP. Fed 50 rds of PMC into it and had a few failures - all of the ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Taurahe
  • 1 Post By Pontificator
  • 1 Post By patri0t

Thread: Taurus TCP report

Taurus TCP report

Just
    Got back from the "range" with the TCP. Fed 50 rds of PMC into it and had a few failures - all of the same kind - the slide prematurely locks back with more rounds in the mag. It's an easy fix, just tap and rack. But it happened about 6 times during the 50 rds. I noticed that this gun is very accurate if you shoot
    It right. You must NOT pull at all. A very consistent squeeze from start to finish insomuch as that the shot spooks you. When that happens it fires straight as an arrow (or 380). If I jerk the trigger it shoots way right. I got a good grouping with the slow and smooth trigger pull, about 1.5". Five rounds. About 5 yards. Enjoy.

image.jpgimage.jpg

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar
    Sounds like the recoil spring is too weak. Hickok45 on Youtube had the same problem with the Glock 42 when using hot Buffalo Bore ammo.

I've never had that happen with my TCP. I've had a few other occurrences but not that one.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Its a taurus..... surprise surprise. Hope you get it all straightened out.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

People who have experienced that have had luck taking the the corner of the slide stop off with a file. It seems the round hits it pushing the slide stop up locking the slide. Of course it is a new gun and Taurus will pay shipping for repair. Overall the TCP has proven to be a very nice little gun.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    One thing I see in your first photo is a Dry Pistol. Shame on you. In the photo I can see under the slide a bit , far side shows no lube on the rail. No lube oozing out between the slide and frame on near side ether. When a pistol is use it well leak a little or show signs of oil from shooting. DRY PISTOL. Wet it up. Other than a glock a new pistol should be run damp at least. Use a a clp or slide lube and try it again.

Best triggers of any striker fired handgun

Quote Originally Posted by Holster View Post
    People who have experienced that have had luck taking the the corner of the slide stop off with a file. It seems the round hits it pushing the slide stop up locking the slide. Of course it is a new gun and Taurus will pay shipping for repair. Overall the TCP has proven to be a very nice little gun.
    Really?
    Taurahe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontificator View Post
    Really?
    Okay, popular.

My retired, school principle wife had to go to a .380acp. The Taurus TCP was the only 'carry-gun' she could use with her arthritis. She can 'rack-the-slide' for clearing a malfunction or popping in a fresh mag.
    It is also the ONLY .380 she is accurate with, due to the easy trigger pull. The Kel-Tec was decent & she couldn't even pull the trigger on several Ruger LCPs.

However, her first trip to the range gave her many problems ... I opened up the feed lips on her mags as much as possible & she has now put over 300 rounds through her TCP with zero malfunctions + 5 inch groups at 30ft, easy.
    Her philosophy is to just 'Dump-the-Mag' into an attacker... she would. At home she likes her XD-9, 4 in w 16+1 capacity @ 28 ozs, she can't rack it, but prob won't need to.

I feel very safe around her. LOL
    Holster likes this.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

I'd hold off doing anything until it's been cleaned and properly lubricated. I have two, they are great little pistols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weaker people do well with the punch type method to rack.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." -G.S. Patton

Links