G23 sight swap

G23 sight swap

This is a discussion on G23 sight swap within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; was out doing some trading today and traded these: In on a brand spanking new set of these As soon as i get a chance ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By subhuman
  • 1 Post By zonker1986
  • 1 Post By subhuman

Thread: G23 sight swap

G23 sight swap

was out doing some trading today and traded these:

In on a brand spanking new set of these

As soon as i get a chance this weekend I will take them for a test drive and report back on my efforts
    Kennydale and sensei2 like this.

I kinda dig the ghost ring setup on a shotgun, but not sure how I would like it on the Glock. I need a set of the Big Dot to help with my old eyes.
    My three dot night sight set up is only good when I have my glasses.....otherwise I see about six dots....and that is not good.
    AZJD1968 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

main reason i changed is bad eyes I could not pick out the refrence dots on the ghost ring in bright sunlight, but in the shadows it is a very fast sight picture,but all the shooters i know around here swear by the Big Dots and i can see them easy so I did the trade at my LGS he gave me $50 for my ghost ring and knocked $5 off the big dots and let me have them for $50 installed so I figured why not, i will try to burn some ammo tomorrow and try them out

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    IMO, you made a good trade.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Very good trade
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by subhuman View Post
    main reason i changed is bad eyes I could not pick out the refrence dots on the ghost ring in bright sunlight, but in the shadows it is a very fast sight picture,but all the shooters i know around here swear by the Big Dots and i can see them easy so I did the trade at my LGS he gave me $50 for my ghost ring and knocked $5 off the big dots and let me have them for $50 installed so I figured why not, i will try to burn some ammo tomorrow and try them out
    What shop and what part of Alabama? Been looking for a place that stocks big dots for my G23 too.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Smolck, Alabama gun and pawn in haleyville, Eric tries to keep the big dots in stock (he had 8 sets yesterday) he is a glock armorer and has a good stock of parts, the big dots are $105 and he will install them if you buy from him for free.

OO7
    I think it's a good trade. I'm not a big fan of the ghost ring on handguns.
    The government should be afraid of their people not the other way around.

All my Glocks either have Speed Sights or Trijicons on them.

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

Iraq 2004 to 2011.
    Afghanistan 2012 to present.

Smolck, Alabama gun and pawn in haleyville, Eric tries to keep the big dots in stock (he had 8 sets yesterday) he is a glock armorer and has a good stock of parts, the big dots are $105 and he will install them if you buy from him for free.
    Thanks. May take a road trip.....
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

check your pm for #
    Here you go give him a call to make sure he has a set for you they sell fast, hate for you to make a burnt run

sorry put the number in my post not thinking did not mean to advertise for a non sponsored buisness

I like the looks of the new Wilson Combat Glock sights. I currently have a set of 10-8 Performance sights on my G23.

managed to shoot a mag through my 23 this afternoon, took about 5 shots to figure out where it was hitting and how i should be using the dot the I system on the "big Dots" have never tried this sight type before but once i figured it out i liked it put up a 2" dot and out of the last 6 hit it 4 times at 10 yards so im going to waste some more ammo then i will put up one of my green bad guy targets at 25 yrds and post the results on PEF's 25yrd edc thread this weekend
    smolck likes this.

managed to shoot a mag through my 23 this afternoon, took about 5 shots to figure out where it was hitting and how i should be using the dot the I system on the "big Dots" have never tried this sight type before but once i figured it out i liked it put up a 2" dot and out of the last 6 hit it 4 times at 10 yards so im going to waste some more ammo then i will put up one of my green bad guy targets at 25 yrds and post the results on PEF's 25yrd edc thread this weekend
    Congrats! Can't wait to get mine

I love the xs big dots.... Keep in mind for long range like 25 yes you are supposed to use the top edge of the sights, and also remember these are not long range sights, but are intended for combat distances with combat accuracy. With practice they are very accurate at extended ranges.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Sponsored Links