Getting warm here in Ga....the warm weather guns should be out soon

This is a discussion on Getting warm here in Ga....the warm weather guns should be out soon within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's 88 as I type this here in mid-west GA. I think my G26 will be staying out as my EDC and the G19 goes ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Getting warm here in Ga....the warm weather guns should be out soon

Distinguished Member Array old grunt's Avatar

Getting warm here in Ga....the warm weather guns should be out soon

It's 88 as I type this here in mid-west GA. I think my G26 will be staying out as my EDC and the G19 goes into reserve(aka the safe) until it cools down. The SP101, like a good utility infielder, is always ready to pinch hit for one of the Glocks as EDC. My G19 slide is at Novaks getting new Lo-Mounts so she may rejoin her frame and get a well-deserved break. Is anybody else dusting off their warm weather carry?
    GhostMaker and NickBurkhardt like this.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

2. Remove Ads

AZ here so yeah .. Already hitting 80s up here and 100s down lower ...

So the 380 pockets guns are comeing out now .. Just ordered a iwb for the khar to try out ... But this is a owb state so pro be owb a 40 glock a lot or a j frame in some form
    old grunt likes this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't change weapons from season to season. That never made sense to me. Oh, wait--we don't have seasons here.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I carry a 5" 1911 OWB year around.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

I carry Two Snub Revolvers every day all day. It doesn't matter if I'm home in crappy Clevand Ohio Weather or spending the Winter in South Florida. You gotta dress around the gun. This Winter I lived in shorts and T-shirts and carried my SP101 and LCR357 or S&W442 and LCR357. In addition to the Two guns I carry a Multi Tool, Flashlight, Pepperspray, Speed Loaders, Wallet, Money Clip, Phone, extra Battieries for the light, and earplugs. All day every day. No problems.
    old grunt and scgunlover1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
    I carry Two Snub Revolvers every day all day. It doesn't matter if I'm home in crappy Clevand Ohio Weather or spending the Winter in South Florida. You gotta dress around the gun. This Winter I lived in shorts and T-shirts and carried my SP101 and LCR357 or S&W442 and LCR357. In addition to the Two guns I carry a Multi Tool, Flashlight, Pepperspray, Speed Loaders, Wallet, Money Clip, Phone, extra Battieries for the light, and earplugs. All day every day. No problems.
    Good grief! How to carry all that in Fla without printing?
    spclopr8tr and old grunt like this.
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

Quote Originally Posted by old grunt View Post
    It's 88 as I type this here in mid-west GA. I think my G26 will be staying out as my EDC and the G19 goes into reserve(aka the safe) until it cools down. The SP101, like a good utility infielder, is always ready to pinch hit for one of the Glocks as EDC. My G19 slide is at Novaks getting new Lo-Mounts so she may rejoin her frame and get a well-deserved break. Is anybody else dusting off their warm weather carry?
    Nope. Typically the bad "element" is out in more robust numbers during the longer, warmer days. I think downsizing in the summer when I am also more places, more often is a bad idea. Wolves travel in packs.
    old grunt likes this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

I'd really like to see a picture of that!
    than137, old grunt and Hulley like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Maryland Shall Issue

In FL large T-shirt cargo shorts its all I ever wear
    old grunt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulley View Post
    Good grief! How to carry all that in Fla without printing?
    Everything was in the cargo shorts or on the belt. With a T-shirt worn out of the pants, I carried that stuff all over Florida. I never got a second look. I just blend in with all the other Snowbirds.
    old grunt and Hulley like this.

Distinguished Member Array old grunt's Avatar
    Everything was in the cargo shorts or on the belt. With a T-shirt worn out of the pants, I carried that stuff all over Florida. I never got a second look. I just blend in with all the other Snowbirds.
    Thank God Florida banned fanny packs for CCW holders(LOL). That's a law this conservative can live with....!!!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Had frost on the windshield this morning, but the snow cover in the woods is under 50%. We're heading in the right direction, but I can still conceal an Oxford dictionary under these layers.

The CZ75 compact has been carried recently.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    I'd really like to see a picture of that!
    See? Can't even spot the guns...

one man band.JPG
    Goldy49 and MMinSC like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I don't change weapons from season to season. That never made sense to me. Oh, wait--we don't have seasons here.
    Yep. Its pretty much always hot. We have 3 months of "winter". It gets cool some days, cooler others. Every now and again, we have warm spells in winter where its warm enough to go to the beach, go into the pool, etc, and is a high in the 80s in December/January.

I just carry whatever my clothing permits.

Detective Special ( or a J-frame ) ... the original all weather weapon..
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links