HK45c and G30S

HK45c and G30S

This is a discussion on HK45c and G30S within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked up a new HK45c today and took it out for the first time along with my Glock 30S. I love how it shoots, but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: HK45c and G30S

HK45c and G30S

Picked up a new HK45c today and took it out for the first time along with my Glock 30S. I love how it shoots, but I'm not 100% sure on the trigger yet. I shot the 30S a bit better, but then I have quite a bit more time on the Glock triggers.

Center was first shots with the HK45c, then I switched to the 30S (top right), then back to the HK45c (top left). By the end of the trip I was grouping them a bit more, but still not like the glock.
    hk-5.jpg

I may consider changing the HK to LEM. It came as V1 DA/SA. Size wise, it seems closer to the Glock 19/23 in size than the 30S. The 30S is shorter but fatter in the frame and only really noticeably shorter when carrying the 9 round flush magazine. With the 10 round magazine it's a bit more comparable. One thing I was not prepared for was paying $70 for a single 10 round HK45 magazine (came with 2 8 round magazines). That kind of hurts!

I fed it WWB, Federal, Blazer Brass, and some Federal HST, Critical Defense, and Speer Gold Dots. No hiccups of any kind.

hk-0.jpg

HK45c, G30S
    hk-1.jpg

G19, HK45c, G30S
    hk-2.jpg

G30S, HK45c, G19
    hk-4.jpg
    zonker1986 and Ghost1313 like this.

nice! i like the 45c. but i love the glocks. i haven't shot the 30S though.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    If that was a bad guy they'd certainly be in trouble. Good shootin!

I really like the HK's and almost bought a USP 45c. My only issue was magazine availability and cost. It's also nice to use the larger Glock 21 mags in the 30....something you can't do with the USP and USP compact.
    Last edited by Tundra5.7; May 6th, 2014 at 10:17 PM.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Nice pick up. I love my 45c. I had some trial and tribulations with the trigger and shooting low myself until I changed my backstrap to the med sized one. Once i did that I everything came perfectly into place for me. The mag prices will make you cry I agree. I bought one spare 8 rnd mag and bought the finger rest bottom place from hk-parts.com and about when into shock at the price.

Enjoy that HK. Mine has been on my side since I bought it.

After shooting the Glock and becoming proficient with it, you may do yourself a favor by switching to the LEM. It's still markedly different from the Glock trigger pull, but may be more intuitive. I went from the standard LEM to the light LEM in my P2000, and I can't help but shoot it well.

I'm not a Glock hater. I own three and they all serve a purpose. With that being said, after rolling my eyes at all the HK fan boys for years, I've changed my tune. If the crap really hit the fan, I'd pick up my HK first but still throw one of my Glocks in a bag for later.
    oscar1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1313 View Post
    Nice pick up. I love my 45c. I had some trial and tribulations with the trigger and shooting low myself until I changed my backstrap to the med sized one. Once i did that I everything came perfectly into place for me. The mag prices will make you cry I agree. I bought one spare 8 rnd mag and bought the finger rest bottom place from hk-parts.com and about when into shock at the price.

Enjoy that HK. Mine has been on my side since I bought it.
    Yeah I have the LEM trigger on my p2000sk and haven't had any issues with it so far. As to the magazines, I'd always heard people complain about the HK prices, but I didn't think $35 for the 9mm/40 mags was too bad. I really don't see why the 45 mags are twice as expensive.

I'm not sure how much I'll carry this gun, but I at least have to consider it. I used to have an XDM compact and picked up a hybrid holster for it. I got rid of the XDM a while ago, but I love that almost every slightly larger gun that I buy seems to fit well enough into the XDM holster to tide me over until something else can arrive .

Quote Originally Posted by risalvor View Post
    I'm not a Glock hater. I own three and they all serve a purpose. With that being said, after rolling my eyes at all the HK fan boys for years, I've changed my tune. If the crap really hit the fan, I'd pick up my HK first but still throw one of my Glocks in a bag for later.
    Yeah, I would think after a bit of time that it might be considerably easier to find glock parts.
    risalvor likes this.

I was looking at the Hk 45c. I really wanted it but the mag release and the price ..I got the G30s first. But I keep looking at the Hk. Someday

Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    I was looking at the Hk 45c. I really wanted it but the mag release and the price ..I got the G30s first. But I keep looking at the Hk. Someday
    I paid $803 for the HK45c at Heckler and Koch 45C .45ACP 3.9 inch BL V1 2 Magazines 8rd Online Gun Store. It seemed like a relatively low price for the 45.

Added the flat floorplate today.
    zonker1986 likes this.

HK's are awesome, and awesomely expensive. But ya gets what ya pays fer. I love the trigger guard mag release, if you can remember where it is there is nothing faster on a reload. I hit mine with my trigger finger. It's one of my EDC's, but if the world ends I'll keep my 1911 and Glock 19 handy.

But some spare O rings for the barrel. And some more overpriced mags.

Good price. I liked everything but the mag release. But I could train for that. 1000 reps and then I would have it

I love my HK45T, I have been tinkering with the idea of getting the HK45c. How is the grip surface? It is quite different on the full size.

I'm an HK fanboy for sure! The only quibble I have with them is the price of mags. I can get USPf9 and P30S mags pretty reasonably, like $35 or so each, but mags for my USP45 Tactical and USC Carbine are around $70 each. Otherwise though I love the guns. I really really really want an HK45C!
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Distinguished Member
    I have an HK with a LEM and one with a DA/SA or just SA, trigger. The LEM is very nice. A semi long, Kahr like, smooth trigger. After you press the trigger, you just need to relax your finger and it will go to the reset point. For me, it feels natural as I do not have to work to find it. It is light and smooth until it hits a brick wall. A little more effort and it goes bang. No stacking, creep, crawl, or any of those fine wine descriptions. I got the USP full sized for home defense and for that job, I want a DA/SA trigger. However, I can also keep it cocked and locked with a frame mounted manual safety. The best of both worlds.
    The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. - Alfred Adler

I have the HK45c with Light LEM and love it. Two comments. One the mag release; on the H&K forum it was suggested to use TWO fingers. So I rotate my hand slightly and just lightly touch both paddles and the mag drops instantly. You do not need to apply hardly any pressure. Second; As you probably know the 10 round mags from the HK45 will fit but stick out. H&K makes a 10 rounder for the HK45c that while it sticks out is designed to be in the 45c so looks great. SMALL drawback: $71.00!!!
    than137 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links