Best carry option when running

This is a discussion on Best carry option when running within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am runner, or at least pretend. More like average white guy that runs so I can eat whatever... Recently there have been quite a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Best carry option when running

I am runner, or at least pretend. More like average white guy that runs so I can eat whatever... Recently there have been quite a few "incidents" on the trails and areas where I run. I am looking into a sub-compact to carry while running. I looked at a Kahr CM40 today and liked the size, but like always there are good and bad of everything. I wanted to see if anyone had thoughts, or have any run and carry experience.

My EDC is a M&P 40C.
    ArmyCop likes this.

VIP Member
    I use a Ruger LCP in a Pistol Wear holster for running. I know that a lot of people don't like .380, but the LCP is remarkably light and easy to carry. I find it the most comfortable to use while working out - it is definitely a trade off. It is also a great BUG and I use it when I need deep concealment as well.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks! After many google searches, this forum has been the one I have visited the most.

I carry the 380 as well when i run or bike ride..I only have it and a gl19 which is to big but those are my only two choices..I looked around a while back and i ended up buying the one from pistol wear also..A friend of mine has one and i liked it.There are other good options as well,but i decided to go with it.I don't have the money to be experimenting.

Just to old to run thats why
    I carry:)

If your issue is with the clothing you are wearing, you can always try putting a belt and holster on under your running shorts/pants. I've tried it before with a Glock 19 and didn't have any issues. Obviously an LCP or something of similar size would be more comfortable.

I don't run but carry in a 3Speed Holster Which does fit well with active wear. I carry a Ruger SR40C. But that might have a weight problem for you as a runner. (For a 3.5 inch barrel in .40S&W it does soak up recoil very nicely)

Running drills in running pants & 3 Speed Holster
    Kasey88 likes this.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

I have been experimenting with NeoCarry. Its a belly band type holster, but it isn't as large as the 3speed. I carry my M&P 9c in it when I run. It has worked well so far, but I haven't used it enough to give it a full review, but so far my experience has been positive. The 9c stays put and is comfortable. It gives a slight bulge, but who really examines you that close when your running?
    There are only two times you can have too much ammo,when you are drowning or on fire. - I wish I knew the mans name who said this so I could give him credit!

I run with a Sticky Holster (like a Remora). I carry a 3.2" barrel Beretta PX4 Compact in .40 and have no problems with it. Now if only my underwear would stop riding up...
    cjkent likes this.

Comfortable concealment holster with fitness ? No bounce even in athletic apparel! | Pistol Wear

This looks promising.

I specifically bought a Taurus Poly Protector .38+P for fitness activities and for places where I don't want to take a "nice" gun. Polymer and SS cylinder are easy to keep clean and still looks brand new after some pretty hard use.

I have been using a small black and green fanny pack from Sportsmans Warehouse lately for running and biking and just accept that its dorky...but at least I'm a pistol packin dork! And it keeps the gun sweat free by and large.
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

I'm to old to run and that can increase the heavy breathing which makes my hand not study and being I can't run that always makes stand your ground the only option so home invaders beware.

I run and bike with a belly band and my TCP738

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    My EDC is a J Frame revolver in pocket so I carry same when jogging (well, brisk walk really) as I do during any normal course of a day/night.
    For God, Family and Country!

I cycle and we have had the same problems in some areas. On my bike I have been carrying my lcp in my handlebar bag. It has a snap front so it is easy access yet secure in the event of a fall. It's not perfect but it works for me. For running I would try a smart carry or belly band

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    poetdante likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Good idea on the handlebar bag! When I commute by bike I just wear a regular IWB kydex holster. I guess when I put on my lycra again I'll use a sticky holster as I would need to holster my gun if I left my bike unattended (group rides, bathroom, crash, etc)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links