Kahr CM9 mag extensions

Kahr CM9 mag extensions

This is a discussion on Kahr CM9 mag extensions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After a few years of trying other pocket guns, I've come back to Kahr as the most practical alternative with a fairly consistent track record. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dooger
  • 1 Post By DooSPX

Thread: Kahr CM9 mag extensions

Kahr CM9 mag extensions

After a few years of trying other pocket guns, I've come back to Kahr as the most practical alternative with a fairly consistent track record. I also purchased a couple of the 7-round magazines from my FFL with the gun, but they were the mags without the finger extensions ... I think designed for the K9 pistol.

To make a short story longer, I called Kahr to see if they would sell me just the little plastic finger extension so I could replace the base plate, but the answer was 'no' and I can't find any aftermarket folks offering such an animal. Has anyone heard of a solution to this little dilemma? Admittedly, it's not a big deal because I can definitely get my pinky finger around the K9/K820 magazine base, but I'd like to get rid of that gap above the base plate.

Thanks for your input.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy - Tom Waits

If that's not it, Pearce makes an extension.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1gunsnowbird View Post
    ...I've come back to Kahr as the most practical alternative with a fairly consistent track record.
    What's wrong with this statement? Think it through people - just because you -can- buy a small handgun that only sometimes malfunctions doesn't mean it's a good decision. If I was already fudging my carry in a survey post here, I think I'd make it a range gun and go for consistency.

Why not say 'I don't completely trust my gun, wut do, a mag extension?'.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I just use the longer mags in general not a extended kahr mag. MY mags from the cw9 work fine too but my standard back up is a 8 shot mags for a T or TP series. Little finger sets on the body of the mag and you can swap mag bases between the 6 shot metal and 8 shot slightly extended black plastic bottom. I also don't have problem with the stock mag . Little finger hangs around curled up under the mag . Add an old inner tube , 1.75 to the grip to help with control. Gives it a sort of tacky feel. MY 3 kahr have been trouble free since day one going back 5 years for 2 of them.

Thanks folks. I'll look into the suggestions you offered.

Badger - I won't take the time and energy to completely respond to your post but thanks anyway for your learned opinion. I've had failures with S&W revolvers, Colt revolvers, Charter Arms revolvers and many semi-autos by several manufacturers, including my favorite: Glock. That's life and the nature of all things, both man made or naturally occurring and I've made this decision. Case closed.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy - Tom Waits

Quote Originally Posted by 1gunsnowbird View Post
    Thanks folks. I'll look into the suggestions you offered.

Badger - I won't take the time and energy to completely respond to your post but thanks anyway for your learned opinion. I've had failures with S&W revolvers, Colt revolvers, Charter Arms revolvers and many semi-autos by several manufacturers, including my favorite: Glock. That's life and the nature of all things, both man made or naturally occurring and I've made this decision. Case closed.
    Well said. Plus, no where in the OP was there mention of any malfunctions. Just a troller I suppose. Many people don't realize how reliable Kahr's are, they just regurgitate stuff they read on the net.

I bought a Gen4 G19 when they were having all kinds of problems with them, according to the net. I've never had one issue with it. Guess I shouldn't trust my life on it though, hey Badger?
    Happypuppy likes this.

1000 rounds through my Kahr CM40 never had a FTF, FTE or Stove pipe. I followed the recommend procedure.
    Happypuppy likes this.
    Always Carry, Never Tell. Stay Safe. EDC .40 S&W, BUG .380 ACP, HD .40 S&W , 5.56 and 12GA, Range Toys .357Mag , .22LR

Links