Ppq / ppx

Ppq / ppx

This is a discussion on Ppq / ppx within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Are the triggers the same on the ppq and the ppx? I shot a ppq a couple of years ago, but they then vanished off ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kennydale
  • 1 Post By Bruce2

Thread: Ppq / ppx

Ppq / ppx

Are the triggers the same on the ppq and the ppx? I shot a ppq a couple of years ago, but they then vanished off of the shelf. I see the price difference is substantial. I dont mind the mag release of the PPQ. I have a PPS. I wanted the ppq/X for a range gun, full size home protection and to get my wife started shooting.
    thanks for input.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

The PPX will have a trigger more similar to the PPS. The PPQ has a lighter single action trigger.

Have her shoot both and see which she prefers.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

I believe the PPQ is striker fired and the PPX is hammer fired. I played with a PPX at my local gun store and found the trigger to be outstanding for a hammer fired gun. If you are looking for a home defense and range gun, the PPX would be hard to beat. Its not a carry gun unless you carry under a jacket or coat IMO.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

A PPX in Action
    zonker1986 likes this.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post

A PPX in Action
    Yep that was right down the road from me...lol...happened last year.
    Kennydale likes this.

Sponsor
    Zonker has it right. The PPX is a hammer fired pistol while the PPQ is striker fired.

The PPX trigger is light, smooth with just a little stack and a crisp break. It is not a true double action. The hammer is partially cocked by the slide and it cannot be fired with out charging. I.e. no double strike capability. In that regard it's very similar to most striker fired pistols in function.

I have no range time with the PPQ but did do some side by side comparison in dry fire before I decided to go with the PPX. The trigger on the PPQ felt very good. Better than any of the S&W, M&P factory triggers but not quite up with the M&P tuned up with the Apex parts. I felt that the slight difference in the triggers was minimal. The PPX has a longer pull and a longer reset and the "stacking" is different. Both have a nice break. In the end I decide the cost savings was the winner for me. Be aware that the PPX only has a 1 year warranty and the chamber/barrel/lug/ramp assembly is completely different in construction that most are used to. It is also not rated for +P+ ammo. Some have said that the PPX is manufactured by Umarex and branded Walther like the P22 but I have not verified that fact.

IMHO, the PPX is great pistol for the price and I would buy one again based on it's performance, but it is not equal to the PPQ.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links