Strange question about the Nano

This is a discussion on Strange question about the Nano within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok so I've been on this site a while and been carrying for a few months. It's almost summer and my G26 is on nightstand ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Hatrix

Thread: Strange question about the Nano

Ok so I've been on this site a while and been carrying for a few months. It's almost summer and my G26 is on nightstand duty and I feel comfortable with putting my Nano as my CCW pistol for a the summer.-150 rounds only 1 FTF; G26 did the same thing.

But anyway I have also decided that I'm ready to carry with one in the chamber as well. So I loaded 7 rounds and put one in the chamber and carried it at the beginning of this week. Did something stupid Wednesday night.----While talking on the phone with my brother was telling him something about how the magazine was dropping I cleared the chamber then dropped the magazine...yeah the chamber was loaded and I had to clear it again. I know stupid; the pistol was pointing toward the bed though.

Anyway so I go to reload my magazine with 7 because Nano is 6+1. Stupid thing jammed open when I went to cycle the round in. I got it cleared easy but instead of 7 rounds I'm carrying 6. Has anyone else had any issues with Nano's or any other pistol doing something like that? Sorry for the long backstory.

If you're trying to put 7rds in a 6rd mag that's the issue. There's too many rounds stuffed in the mag and it's not letting the rounds strip out of the mag properly. 6+1 means load 6, insert mag, rack the slide to load one in the chamber, take out the mag, put another round in the mag to top it off to 6.

Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

Yeah clear that up did you put 7 rounds in a 6 round mag .. That there is the issues

You mght try other mags if you did not ... Sound like it could be a mag issues .. Had that with khar would not seat the mag if more then 4 or 5 round were in the 7 round mag .. Changed the mag no issues
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

My daughter did the same. You can force in the 7th round but it does not feed well at all. Only do six rounds and you will be fine. The Nano seems to be a great little firearm.

Yeah I love my Nano. It shoots great..front sight flew off but its a great pistol.

I've only held a Nano and never shot one but that has to be the issue. 5 pounds of you know what in a 10 pound bag. Lol

Seriously though, enjoy your gun and always carry when possible. Best of luck.

As far as I know, every automatic in the house will operate with magazine capacity + one.

I never bother to load up for concealed carry use with magazine capacity plus one "up the spout." A loaded magazine is placed in the gun, a round is chambered, and away we go.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by dragon671 View Post
    But anyway I have also decided that I'm ready to carry with one in the chamber as well. So I loaded 7 rounds and put one in the chamber and carried it at the beginning of this week....

Anyway so I go to reload my magazine with 7 because Nano is 6+1. Stupid thing jammed open when I went to cycle the round in. I got it cleared easy but instead of 7 rounds I'm carrying 6. Has anyone else had any issues with Nano's or any other pistol doing something like that?
    - Good thing you decided to chamber a round in the gun. Imagine if you didn't and the second scenario happened when you needed to use the gun...
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sponsored Links