Couple things that are hard to beat

This is a discussion on Couple things that are hard to beat within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 1. The comfort of a Ruger LCR in an OWB holster in shorts and T-shirt. I have all types of CCW guns and love them ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Couple things that are hard to beat

Wink Couple things that are hard to beat

1. The comfort of a Ruger LCR in an OWB holster in shorts and T-shirt. I have all types of CCW guns and love them all, but it's hard to beat the LCR for its intended purpose. Especially during the summer months.
    2. LOL. A good old fashioned sausage and biscuit in the morning. lol lol

2. Remove Ads

Don't forget Sud. A little apple pie shine. Moonshine that is.

Pork and bread...are you crazy!

On the other hand I carried my LCP OWB all day today...you're right some things just feel comfortable in the summer. I almost bought a versacarry for the LCP today, but come to my senses when I read "never carry with a round in the chamber"
    Joe was right.

LOL just today I gave the bride away at a wedding while armed with the wifes sr9c IWB crossdraw, my SR40C in a OWB pancake holster, and her BUG in my pocket.
    It was near 80 degrees. No discomfort, no printing no problems no body the wiser.

And no I didnt think the wedding would be attacked. I just had to carry the wifes normal EDC loadout at the wedding so she could have it once she got done with her maid of honor dress duties and was back in her normal jeans and top at the reception.
    Farmerjohn likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I've never even held an LCR but have not heard anything bad about them. Not much of a revolver guy but my wife is a huge revolver fan. I have very little doubt that when she holds one some day, it will follow her home.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Well, I'd like to think that my HK45 with 11 rounds of .45 will trump your LCP with 6 rounds - especially at say, 100 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunTeacher View Post
    Well, I'd like to think that my HK45 with 11 rounds of .45 will trump your LCP with 6 rounds - especially at say, 100 feet.
    I think it would come down to who has the faster draw and better shot placement.

Jeez, this thread went from touchy feely to shooting at each other!

It's all about what makes a person feel secure.

Back to original topic, Whatever you can carry that give you the confidence and comfort of knowing you can protect yourself and loved ones, is the right one to have.
    Navydude and cjkent like this.
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your Beretta PX4 and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” highlighted added by LMP

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyPX4 View Post
    Back to original topic, Whatever you can carry that give you the confidence and comfort of knowing you can protect yourself and loved ones, is the right one to have.
    You are exactly right. We all have our preference on guns but it comes down to what works for each person. However Glock is a real nice gun. Sorry PX4 couldn't resist.
    LuvMyPX4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by scdw43 View Post
    It's all about what makes a person feel secure.
    Kind of like when anti's feel secure in no gun zones? Sorry, but feelings are worth nada.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

My 5" 1911 and a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit does it for me.
    molleur likes this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

My dear wife has an LCR in 38 she likes. It is easy to carry. I've carried it too, and find it easy. A Remora for it would be very nice too - IWB or pocket for those "other" times.

I do enjoy a Sausage Egg Biscuit myself, but the Turkey Sausage Egg Muffin's at Dunkin's are over 30% fewer calories. (390 versus 570). Usually it's an apple and granola bar.
    welder516 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    My dear wife has an LCR in 38 she likes. It is easy to carry. I've carried it too, and find it easy. A Remora for it would be very nice too - IWB or pocket for those "other" times.

I do enjoy a Sausage Egg Biscuit myself, but the Turkey Sausage Egg Muffin's at Dunkin's are over 30% fewer calories. (390 versus 570). Usually it's an apple and granola bar.
    Your killing me, it is against the law of man to think you can replace pig, with turkey. Especially for the calorie count....

As far a the LCR, like TNmike I have heard only good things about it....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links