kahr pm9 slide stop

This is a discussion on kahr pm9 slide stop within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; after cleaning my pm9 I assembled and reloaded only to find the bullets would not chamber.It looks like the slidstop is damaging the bullet cases ...

Thread: kahr pm9 slide stop

kahr pm9 slide stop

after cleaning my pm9 I assembled and reloaded only to find the bullets would not chamber.It looks like the slidstop is damaging the bullet cases because of extending too far.How did this happen.Thanks for any help.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I dont see how this is possible... let me go tear apart mine, maybe I can come up with something. It needs cleaned anyway.

ckd
    Does is cycle normally with dry fire? I've heard that improper pin reinsertion, see the owner's manual for the photos etc..., can cause problems - could this be the culprit? Keep us posted. Wife has one, always makes me wish Glock made it instead.

I just rembered, how new is it? The PM9s need to run wet till they're fully broken in. I was sparing with solvents, a Glock hold over, and she would insert the magazine, rack the slide, and stuck with the bullet partial up the ramp(practicing with ball). Sometimes gentle tap of the rear of the slide can clear it, but I think a tap rack is better training; worked 90%. Only occurred on the first round of a new mag with an empty chamber. This is a fairly common occurence based on other threads. After at least 250, probably safer with 500 rounds this should resolve; again keep it wet. This can occur if the during a slide rack to chamber the round, it isn't done hard pull with a complete release. You've got me curious.
    Last edited by ckd; January 8th, 2007 at 03:15 PM.

rotated slide stop

ckd,I had inserted stop several times with no change.I took your advice and went back to owners manual.After cleaning this gun at least 15 times I was really at a loss.I rotated the stop in the opposite direction,and it locked in place like always.loaded it,racked the slide,and no problem.Put 50 rounds through it,no problem.Brought it home,cleaned it,put it back together,loaded it,racked the slide,no problem.still dont understand why three hours worth of trying to get this gun to work failed.I know the slide stop did not grow and shrink in48 hours.One of lifes little mysteries I guess.Thanks for imput.

ckd
    sid1957,

Glad your situation resolved itself. I would put another 500 rounds through it before my confidence in it was restored to betting my life on it.

Links