HK P30 Range Report

This is a discussion on HK P30 Range Report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Unfortunately, my camera broke so I can't post the target pic's. It dried out enough to get out and shoot. I fired 10 shots at ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By flintlock62
  • 2 Post By Old_Dog

Thread: HK P30 Range Report

Senior Member Array flintlock62's Avatar

HK P30 Range Report

Unfortunately, my camera broke so I can't post the target pic's. It dried out enough to get out and shoot. I fired 10 shots at 10 yards into a 2" circle. The first shot was DA, then followed by 9 shots SA spaced about 1 second apart. After that, I shot at 7 yards with three holes touching, and then 25 yards. OK, my 25 yard shots opened up, and I fired more slowly, but they grouped 6" except for one flier. I knew as soon as I pulled the trigger. It was low and left, and barely hit the target.
    Tinman517 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Good that you were able to get out. Sounds like you had a good session.

Senior Member Array flintlock62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman517 View Post
    Good that you were able to get out. Sounds like you had a good session.
    It rained some more, so things are quite muddy again. No ranges withing driving distances here. The good part is, most of my plinking is water moccasins and logger heads. I like moving targets. I don't reckon y'all have those in NV.

Any time there's an HK discussion I'm on it like a fat kid on cake! My P30S is probably my favorite sidearm, even eclipses my Browning Hi-Power and that's saying something. All my HKs are great shooters, although overall I'd say the USPs have better triggers than the HK45 and P-series guns.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock62 View Post
    Unfortunately, my camera broke so I can't post the target pic's. It dried out enough to get out and shoot. I fired 10 shots at 10 yards into a 2" circle. The first shot was DA, then followed by 9 shots SA spaced about 1 second apart. After that, I shot at 7 yards with three holes touching, and then 25 yards. OK, my 25 yard shots opened up, and I fired more slowly, but they grouped 6" except for one flier. I knew as soon as I pulled the trigger. It was low and left, and barely hit the target.
    I've been shooting the P30L 9mm for a couple weeks now and I'm still at 4" groups at 7 yards. But that's a reflection on me being this forum's worst shot, not on the amazing HK pistol

Hate snakes !!!!
    If you can, always carry, you can't choose the moments, they choose you. - Colion Noir (2013)

I am an HK fan. I have bought about 6 if them in the last 4 years. My big boy carry gun is an HK P2000SK and one of my home defense guns is a USP 9mm. If you like hunting snakes, take a trip to D.C. some day. All kinds of snakes there but you cannot shoot any, just vote them out. :)
    Phaedrus and Kennydale like this.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Trigger time with a HK is always one of the joys of life in my life. I'm inspired to go to the range today. Enjoy your new P30.

jyo
    I've had a HK P30S 9mm for several years now---one of my favorite pistols---I do admit to carrying my smaller P2000 9mm more because it's a bit smaller---just picked-up a used, but minty, P2000sk 9mm---my first LEM HK pistol---shot it, liked it---the usual boring reliabity you expect from HK...

Anyone having some accuracy issues with a P30 should keep in mind that it is more accurate if shot quicker. I am a technical idiot but I was told by H&K there is something different about the trigger mechanism in the P30 models that encourage a quick trigger pull, avoiding the slow pull. This for the LEM discussion only.

Definitely a P30 with the LEM feature would be nice to have (This is one of my bucket list items)
    If you can, always carry, you can't choose the moments, they choose you. - Colion Noir (2013)

I have converted all of my HKs to light LEM, with a short reset, and polished all action parts. I love HK.
    Using Tapatalk

Links