Time to brag.....I mean share with the brethren

This is a discussion on Time to brag.....I mean share with the brethren within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; All right, I have seen the post that without pictures the thread is worthless so: Here are my and my wife's carry guns. The Stoeger ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to brag.....I mean share with the brethren

VIP Member

All right, I have seen the post that without pictures the thread is worthless so: Here are my and my wife's carry guns. The Stoeger Cougar 8000 in 40 S&W was my first purchase of the New Year.

The P-12-45 and now the Cougar in 40 S&W are my primary carry weapons.

The BHP and Series 70 Colt are my full size weapons.

The Taurus 445 in 45 long colt is my hunting/fishing backup and the SP 101 in .357 mag is a secondary carry.

The Wife has a colt cobra that she rarely uses and a Taurus mod 85 titanium in 38 spl that she carries (she likes the light weight and she is deadly accurate with it)

UPDATE: By a twist of circumstances, I ended up purchasing a CZ 2075 rami in 40 S&W today (9 Jan). Now I have one more to carry! It is the last picture of the lone semi-auto
    Last edited by Chorizo; January 22nd, 2007 at 12:36 AM.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

Impressive collection.

Which do you find yourself carrying more, the P-12-45 or the Cougar?

VIP Member
    Nice collection you have.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

VIP Member
    I have carried the P-12 for 12 years now and find it most comfortable. I carry it IWB around 4. As I am so familiar with it, it is more of a second nature gun to have. I have only had the Cougar for a week so am still with a learning curve on it. The P-12 has a steel frame so it is heavier than the Cougar and only very slightly smaller. What I do like about the Cougar is that it has DA and can carry it hammer down. I carry the P-12 Cocked and Locked. I really bought the Cougar in 40 S&W so I can shoot with the LEO's that work for me. They run scenarios that start with the DA and I can't participate with the other weapons that I have.

So now that I gave the long answer, the short one is the Para Ord P-12-45.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

Well...
    I usually carry either a 1911 or Browning HiPower as primary.

The 1911 is a stainless Kimber TLE, which I don't think I have a picture of, but we all know what they look like.

I have a few HiPowers, but like the first, and oldest best. Here it is:

I just got another one back from custom work, and after shooting it some more, it will probably move into the #1 spot:

On the rare occasions when those are too big for whatever I'm wearing, I carry this HK P7M8:

Backups are a Kahr P9 Covert (again, no picture available, but they all look alike) and a ragged S&W 442 Centennial. The 442 looks like this:

VIP Member
    Very, very nice. I like the look of used weapons. Shows they spend more time on your hip than they do in the safe. Your BHP just back from custom work is awesome. I love the BHP, but hate the round. I would carry it more and get some custom work on it, if it shot something more powerful. I know, I know, placement, not caliber, but just call me biased, intractable and opinionated. A typical Marine.

Nice collection

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Nice. That is a collection to hold with pride. I really like the custom BHP, who did the work btw.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

VIP Member
    Beautiful High Power.

As a side note, you must have some photographic skill. I like the way the old, worn 442 is photographed on the worn wood table.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Thanks, everyone.
    Funny, but I had not thought about the background fitting the 442. I mean, yes, I really thought that one out!
    I'm still learning this digital camera thingy. I've had it for almost two years, and am just starting to get a clue. I discard a lot more than I keep. I got my Canon 630 35mm in 1992, and was just getting somewhere with it when this digital deal ruined everything.

To answer the question on the custom HiPower, it was done by Yost-Bonitz in Tempe, AZ. Ted Yost used to run the Gunsmithy at Gunsite for several years. There are a handful of 'smiths who are good with HiPowers, but I just like his particular style best.
    I won a 1911 in a raffle in late 2005 that he had done. Rather than satisfying my urge for one really nice custom gun, seeing the quality of work on it only made me NEED to send another.

Regarding the HiPower being a 9mm- Yeah, I like 45s, and have several 1911s, but see a point for more bullets in the gun also. For one thing, I'm a stay-home Dad and usually have at least one kid in hand. I can't be reloading while one hand is busy holding or pushing a kid to safety; I might be able to go a little longer before topping off afterwards, etc. But I like big bullets, so I go back and forth between 1911s and HiPowers (they handle about the same). Then again, I have a couple of 38 Super 1911s that sorta/kinda split the difference...
    Last edited by Barry in IN; January 8th, 2007 at 08:54 PM.

Good collection of pistols and revolvers.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Great thread. Love the pics!
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

good look group of guns!!!
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Nice collection, I've thought about a Hi-Power more than once.

Administrator
    I love looking at gun pics. Thanks for posting them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links