Maintaining titanium gun

This is a discussion on Maintaining titanium gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i just got my taurus m85 full titanium snubby. but its full of light scratches on the finishing from the previous owner. is there any ...

Thread: Maintaining titanium gun

Maintaining titanium gun

i just got my taurus m85 full titanium snubby. but its full of light scratches on the finishing from the previous owner.

is there any way to restore the revolver back to its pristine condition?

i'm using an abrasive rubber to remove the scratches and its doing a pretty good job, but the end product become smooth and shiny unlike the matt condition it should be.

i found the movement of the cyclinder to be rather rough too.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I dont know how to answer the restoration question... maybe the rough movement of the cylinder has to do with debris from your abrasive rubber? You are removing the top layer of the finish by doing this. Once you start carrying it, it is bound to get scratched up again, so I wouldnt worry about it to much. Your probably doing more damage to the finish than good.

I thought you guys could not have pistols in Singapore? Oh well, no matter to me. Welcome to CC!

You would probably have to get it media blasted to get the right texture back, you are essentially polishing it, which is why things are getting reflective/shiny..

i'm a LEO as CC term it... thus the pistol... wat you said is true... i should jus leave it... after one whole day of cleaning... finally got all the little debris out of the small gaps here and there... now its smooth like butter...

but the closing and opening of the cylinder still pretty tight as the center pin spring is damn tight... hope that is normal...

Still waiting for my Blackhawk Serpa J-frame holster to arrive... it will take at least 2 weeks... for now... some cheap 10 buck holster till my baby arrive...

Luckily for Singapore... the only time i will get to fire is during the range...

Administrator
    Good! Glad the mechanical issues have cleared up for you. If your an LEO and going to be carrying this gun, you know its going to get scratched up all over again. If it were me, I would not but to much money or effort in getting all the scratches out.
    The cylinder may be tight due to the ejection rod not being screwed all the way in place, try tighting that.
    On a side note, I'm an LEO here in the States, please visit us on this forum often, it will be neat have your perspective on things.

as the pistol belong to the department... we are not allow to perform any sort of repairing ourselves... i have tried tightening it but its already at the max...

in singapore... there will almost never have a need to draw a weapon out... drawing it without valid reason will get the officer into very serious trouble...

by the way i'm in customs where we handle smuggler mostly...

Links