Kel-Tec, Seecamp or NAA

This is a discussion on Kel-Tec, Seecamp or NAA within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for a replacement for my summer gun, a TPH. Based on size and weight I have it down to six possibilities: P-32, P3AT, Seecamp ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kel-Tec, Seecamp or NAA

Kel-Tec, Seecamp or NAA

Looking for a replacement for my summer gun, a TPH. Based on size and weight I have it down to six possibilities: P-32, P3AT, Seecamp 32, Seecamp 380, NAA Guardian 32 or NAA Guardian 25. If I am going to carrry one of these I plan on a lot of practice. I would like to be able to shoot 100 rounds and not have a bleeding, beat up hand. The Kel-Tecís are a locked breach design (lower recoil) but are also the lightest (bad for recoil). The Guardians are the heaviest (good for recoil) but straight blowback (bad for recoil). Does anyone have experience with two or more of these on which to base a comparison? Thanks for any info. Larry

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Of the choices listed i would go with the second gen p3at personaly. It is bar none the best pistol of the size envelope listed i have seen. Nearly .38 special snub power in a package you can basicly hide behind a cigarette pack if needed. Heck for the price buy two of them LOL.
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

los
    I've heard and read very good things about Kel-Tec and NAA products, but can't give you personal knowledge and experience as I've never owned or fired their products.

I can, however, give lengthy factual testimony about the Seecamp LWS32 and it's larger caliber sibling, the LWS380. I own both.

The Seecamps are the smallest manufactured .32 and .380 semi automatic handguns in the World. They are both identical in size and are manufactured in Stainless Steel. Each one meticulously hand fitted and hand polished. Each Piece is test fired by Larry Seecamp before they leave the Seecamp headquarters.

They are not mass produced. Since it conception, less than 1000 LWS380s have been manufactured.

My personal (subjective) experience with the LWS32 is that it has very manageable felt recoil. It is extremely accurate at, or within 21 feet. The Seecamps are not manufactured with sights. They don't need them! Just "Point and Shoot". In a real life, real world SD scenario, you won't have time to draw your CCW, pull focus and take "aim" with your gun's sights. YOU JUST WON'T!

The LWS380 has a bit more snappy felt recoil and is much louder. I carry it loaded with DPX. Like it's smaller brother, the LWS380 is extremely accurate at or within 21 feet. For Range sessions, I place a band-aid around my trigger finger to help absorb the trigger finger slap I get when I fire the weapon. Makes the Range session more pleasant.

The Seecamps are built like a Tank but weigh less than 14.5 oz fully loaded. They are a little jewels,...works of Art.

They are reliable and offer deep concealment.

They are considered by many to be The Premier Quintessential Self Defense Semi Automatic Handguns In The World.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ckd
    I initally looked at the NAA guardians, nice but too heavy for what its is. Have had the 3PaT for several years and shoot it several times a month. You need to put 200-500 rounds through a this little bugger to break it in and make it reliable.

I don't own the P3AT, but I own another Kel-Tec (soon to be two) and I've shot my father-in-law's P3AT. Love that gun. There is nothing out there (that I know of) that disappears better, partially due to its weight, or lack thereof. I wouldn't buy used...in case you get a 1st generation that has been "acting up". If you were to run into problems there is a lifetime warranty and ktog.org has a very useful and helpful forum for Kel-Tec owners.

Administrator
    Remember that the LWS380 is not intended for constant shooting.
    It is intended to be carried a lot and shot only a little.

Still.....If I had it to do all over again ~ I would probably go with the Seecamp.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

los
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    ......Remember that the LWS380 is not intended for constant shooting.
    It is intended to be carried a lot and shot only a little.

Still.....If I had it to do all over again ~ I would probably go with the Seecamp.
    Precisely on point!

The Seecamp LWS series is definitely not a Range Gun. It was designed and manufactured specifically as a personal CQB-SD handgun.

Although it CAN be fired all day at the Range, letting it cool down after every couple of magazines have been discharged, is recommended.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

This is all very interesting info. But can anyone tell me, for example, how a Kel-Tec 32 P3AT and a Seecamp 32 compares as far as shooting them. Recoil, time to reacquire for second shot?

Administrator
    If it were me, the kel-tec wins hands down. The seecamp is a nice little pistol, but the keltec does everything it can do... and better.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I liked my first P3AT so much that I bought a second one so that I would always have a backup.

Both of mine are 2nd generation and have been reliable and surprisingly accurate up to 15 yards. You can't beat the weight and the ease of concealment. The price tag is also pretty reasonable.

There are several ways to carry them. My primary is in a pocket holster but I've used a belt clip, a lanyard and a belly band. Each method is comfortable and has advantages depending on your activity, and your need for "deep" concealment. They are light enough to carry comfortably while jogging or cycling or at the gym. Also small enough to carry in your hand without anyone noticing (crossing a parking lot at night). I've even carried one using an arm band on my forearm or in a calf/ankle "security" pocket with my passport.

I like that the P3AT is a double action with a long trigger pull which makes it very safe to carry a round in the chamber even when not in a holster.
    KJ

Member: NRA, GOA

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle" - Navy Seals

I'm biased, but I'm a big fan of North American Arms. You can't go wrong with their products.

If I had the money I would buy the Seecamp, but the honest truth is one can buy 3-4 KelTec's for the price of a Seecamp.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

My choice is P32. It is light, reliable, easy to shoot well, slide locks open on last round, and a joy to shoot.

If you want to go up on power? Then the P3AT which is all of the above but does not lock the slide open with the last round.

My father-in-law is going to buy a P3AT for summer carry after trying my P32.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Good luck. I was researching the same thing. For every positive there is a negative for every gun. The internet is almost information overload for pocket guns.

I bought a p3at, and I'm happy. FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by MNBurl View Post
    My choice is P32. It is light, reliable, easy to shoot well, slide locks open on last round, and a joy to shoot.

If you want to go up on power? Then the P3AT which is all of the above but does not lock the slide open with the last round.

My father-in-law is going to buy a P3AT for summer carry after trying my P32.
    I'm a big fan of the p32 as well. I've shot both it and the P3AT and I think I'd probably stick with the P32 even if I could get a P3AT for free.

I feel that I could put 3 rounds center mass on a BG with the P32 to every single round with the P3AT. With that said, I feel they are probably the best two pocket pistols you can buy for the price. A lot of times I don't even bother with a pocket holster the thing is so thin.

Mine has also been perfect on reliability.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links