Money is not object. What is most reliable, highest quality Pocket?

This is a discussion on Money is not object. What is most reliable, highest quality Pocket? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need a gun small enough to carry in my front pocket so that I'll actually carry it! Money is not an object here. I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Money is not object. What is most reliable, highest quality Pocket?

Money is not object. What is most reliable, highest quality Pocket?

I need a gun small enough to carry in my front pocket so that I'll actually carry it! Money is not an object here.

I am searching for the highest quality, most reliable piece on the market. .380 cal is my minimum round size .

Who can suggest, (based on personal experience), their favorite and why?

Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

I carry a P-3at and have no problems after it was broken it. It goes bang every time I pull the trigger, its small and light.

Now here is something I saw on the Internet, I have no personal experience with it but if I ever have spare $$ (yea right) I'd pick it up. http://www.downsizer.com/
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

Reliable = revolver

When you say reliable in a small gun, I tend to think of a J frame revolver instead of a semiauto. I think the aluminum frame S&W 642 is hard to beat for a pocket gun. It weighs 15 ounces empty and is very compact with the 2 finger boot grips.

thanks for your reply. I've not seen that single shot. Neat, but I want more rounds...5 or 6 minimum.

Assistant Administrator
    Well - cost no object the Rohrbaugh is a candidate except - in its original 9mm version there have been some problems for a few folks (not me!), and so it is hard to give that a full 100% reliability factor as a result. That said I rate the gun!

At ShotShow right now - the Rohrbaugh .380 is being announced and shown - and this will feel be ''it'' for the small high qual' pocket piece. It will almost automatically IMO because of the cal downsize be dead-on reliable. Pushing the envelope with the 9mm has not been easy and that is why a few folks have had troubles.

The .380 will be ideal. Even so - we are ''up there'' in as much as the .380 will still possibly be nudging the $1k mark!!! Here's the R9 (early version) - the .380 will look the same I think except now the gun is with G10 grips instead of carbon fiber and is dark frame, and there will probably also be an option for ''Stealth'' package which is all black.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

This is the next gun I'm gonna buy. Fits your requirements I think, and it is LIGHT! http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...-1&isFirearm=Y
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at...

Administrator
    Well, lets see here... a number of different ones come to mind. What kind of pants do you normally wear? Dress pants or slacks give you a little more room to work with over blue jeans.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I need to be able to fit the gun into the front pocke tof a pair of jeans.

That rohrbaugh looked interesting.

los
    Small enough?.....

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcghee View Post

Then slim is in, a j frame is a bit thick for jeans. That leaves us with the auto's... main stream choices are Keltec, Kahr PM series, and the Rohrbaugh. My choice would be the Kahr PM9. They are high quality well made little guns. They do need to be broke in and taken care of. Kahr customer service is great.
    Keltec is not as high quality, but still a great product. They are thinner and lighter than the Kahr and can be had in .380 per your requirement.
    I know nothing of the Rohrbaugh other than it exists, sorry I can't offer some insight on it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Exclamation +1!

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    When you say reliable in a small gun, I tend to think of a J frame revolver instead of a semiauto. I think the aluminum frame S&W 642 is hard to beat for a pocket gun. It weighs 15 ounces empty and is very compact with the 2 finger boot grips.

That's MY next gun, probably within the next three weeks. As far as the "Legendary SEECAMP" Mine literally FELL APART in my hands. I also did not like the fact that the ONLY ammo I could fire was Winchester SilverTip.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

los
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    .....As far as the "Legendary SEECAMP" Mine literally FELL APART in my hands.
    Wow. Sorry to hear about that.

Please elaborate as to what you mean by "fell apart" in your hands?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcghee View Post

Then slim is in, a j frame is a bit thick for jeans. That leaves us with the auto's... main stream choices are Keltec, Kahr PM series, and the Rohrbaugh. My choice would be the Kahr PM9. They are high quality well made little guns. They do need to be broke in and taken care of. Kahr customer service is great.
    Keltec is not as high quality, but still a great product. They are thinner and lighter than the Kahr and can be had in .380 per your requirement.
    I know nothing of the Rohrbaugh other than it exists, sorry I can't offer some insight on it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

whw
    I've carried a 642 in my jeans pocket for a couple of years. It is the most reliable pocket gun you can buy. If you move to the titanium jframe, you end up spending twice as much but only reduce the weight by a few ounces. Sure, you can shoot magnums through the titanium gun, but not to many. The gun will hold up, but you will be the worse for wear.

whw

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    Please elaborate as to what you mean by "fell apart" in your hands?
    I fired it for the first time and when the slide returned to battery after extraction and reload, the slide just slid forward and came off. I did nothing beyond insert the mag (which also didn't really lock into place because it dropped out without me pushing the release), chamber a round and squeeze the trigger sending a round down range. I think I'm lucky the problem wasn't ummmm "explosive."
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links