I hate Front Cocking Serrations

This is a discussion on I hate Front Cocking Serrations within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I hate the way they look. Otherwise, they dont bother me, although I have though about removing them wth a surface grinder at work. I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate Front Cocking Serrations

I hate the way they look. Otherwise, they dont bother me, although I have though about removing them wth a surface grinder at work. I havent acted on that thought because they dont bother me that much, and I'm worried the about cut for the barrel bushing and the FSSs being too deep.

A while back I was loking at a BUL M5 Street Comp(?) that had the stupid one-port comp removed so that only a 4"(?) bull bbl remained. I did plan on having the FSS removed on it since they ran into the end of the slide (it looked just like someone cut the slide down on a 5" Kimber - coulda been hell on a holster).

2. Remove Ads

1952 - 2006
    I just posted this in another thread, but I thought it should go here as well.

I'm with you APachon, I guess we are the real loners here. LOL

Personally I like the front serrations. I think that they look great and they are a great help when you are making a chamber check in the field in the dark, or any other time I check loaded status. I find them more convienient to use than the rear serrations.

I don't like doing a "press check" from the bushing because you have to put your hand in front of the muzzle (albeit below it), I would rather use front serrations and keep the muzzle clear.

I think a previous post said that they wore a hole in him, I think he was using a Yaqui slide holster, in that case they could get tiresome. But I don't like Yaqui slide holsters, so it doesn't present a problem for me.

One other point in favor of them is if you are in a fight and are wet or bloody I want all the serrations I can have for gripping the slide for a reload or malfunction clearance.

And yes I do practice clearance drills with either hand. There are many techniques to doing this with either the front or rear sights

Just my 2 cents worth on the subject.
    Last edited by acparmed; February 21st, 2005 at 09:02 PM.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

I Notice the front serrations arent as razor sharp on the smith 1911SC i put on hold today there more a colt style instead of the more aggressive Springfield ones...

Ill be looking for a full legnth holster for them soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links