S&W model 10 fans; Read this!

This is a discussion on S&W model 10 fans; Read this! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First, I went to Buds today to look at their M10 LE trade ins for 299.00 I found out these are from Australia, but are ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: S&W model 10 fans; Read this!

S&W model 10 fans; Read this!

First, I went to Buds today to look at their M10 LE trade ins for 299.00
    I found out these are from Australia, but are 100% S&W made. I can also report that the ones I went thru are in great shooting shape with blueing wear and some dings as advertised. Some have rubber Uncle Mike combat, and some have regular wood factory grips. They are a very good deal.
    I picked one out.......but did not buy it.

Because, I found a remarkable Model 10-10, that I have never seen before in another case. It has the three dot system with a pinned partridge style from sight, beautiful deep blue finish I would rate as 98%, and, hammer mounted firing pin with cylinder latch cut for a speed loader. The action was perfect in every way. I had to have it, for 100.00 more dollars.
    Does anyone know anything about this model?
    Last edited by glockman10mm; July 5th, 2014 at 07:57 PM.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Sorry, I do not, but please post some pictures. I would love to see the details. I'm also jealous you live close enough to Bud's to fondle and hand pick their toys.

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Yes, don't forget the pics!!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    SCGunLover1

Quote Originally Posted by scgunlover1 View Post
    Yes, don't forget the pics!!
    I didn't. But my service is so slow right now the damned things won't load up
    gatorbait51 and scgunlover1 like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Guess I should have kept my 2 SS Model 10s one 2in and 4in, 2in had bobbed hammer got them for $179 each 10 years ago 4in was good shape 2in very good oh well hind sight is great.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

GMan,
    You old devil! Personal recon of Bud's, huh? And back you come with a high-speed, low-drag K frame :-) Definitely looking forward to pictures!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

From the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson 3rd Addition :

Model 10-10 (1988) New yoke retention system/radius stud package/ floating hand hammer nose bushing on heavy barrel model.

1992 Blue finish only.

1993-94 Introduced synthetic grips/ change extractor system.

1995-96 Delete square butt and tapered barrel.

1997 4" heavy barrel only/change to MIM thumb piece and MIM trigger.

Became 10-11 in 1997 with change to cylinder stop stud/change to MIM hammer with floating firing pin/change internal lockworks/ tapered barrel.

Best I can do brother.

Sounds like you got one of them custom wammer jammer specials with maybe a barrel change.
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty". T. Jefferson

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

glockman

Do you know what series (dash) the Bud's Model 10s are ? I went to their site and it doesn't have any real details...thank you sir...

rick
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricker View Post
    glockman

Do you know what series (dash) the Bud's Model 10s are ? I went to their site and it doesn't have any real details...thank you sir...

rick
    If I'm not mistaken, they are -7
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    I am curious about this 10-10. I don't mean to sound ignorant, but were the rear dots on the frame or an adjustable sight?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Quote Originally Posted by oldskeetshooter View Post
    I am curious about this 10-10. I don't mean to sound ignorant, but were the rear dots on the frame or an adjustable sight?
    They are on the frame on both sides of the notch channel in the top strap.
    Still trying to load a pic , but no luck.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    That sound like a real horse of a different color. I would not be surprised if S&W did some custom work for someone.

Do the yoke numbers and serial numbers match?
    Are there any number or letters under the left grip, on the left side of the front frame strap? Generally, if S&W does repair, refinishing, or custom work on a gun, they stamp the frame strap with all kinds of crazy symbols.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Hopefully I got the right email address for FlaRon and he can put up those pics for me.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Maybe you should have saved the $100 and bought better internet service. The suspense is killing us!
    gatorbait51 and BigShrek like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    Second Amendment Foundation

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    First, I went to Buds today to look at their M10 LE trade ins for 299.00
    I found out these are from Australia, but are 100% S&W made. I can also report that the ones I went thru are in great shooting shape with blueing wear and some dings as advertised. Some have rubber Uncle Mike combat, and some have regular wood factory grips. They are a very good deal.
    I picked one out.......but did not buy it.

Because, I found a remarkable Model 10-10, that I have never seen before in another case. It has the three dot system with a pinned partridge style from sight, beautiful deep blue finish I would rate as 98%, and, hammer mounted firing pin with cylinder latch cut for a speed loader. The action was perfect in every way. I had to have it, for 100.00 more dollars.
    Does anyone know anything about this model?
    It's terrible, awful .. like a coral snake. .Send it to me immediately, I'll render it safe.. or something like that
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links