So now i have a Smith and Glock

This is a discussion on So now i have a Smith and Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I decided I was going to keep and carry my Smith&Wesson 637-2, but I ditched the Taurus for a darn Glock 23 gen 3. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: So now i have a Smith and Glock

So now i have a Smith and Glock

Well I decided I was going to keep and carry my Smith&Wesson 637-2, but I ditched the Taurus for a darn Glock 23 gen 3. The gun is in great condition. I'm not happy with it because its an auto, its plastic, and its just not my thing. But a Taurus for a Glock, I couldn't turn down the offer. I'm probably just going to use it to trade for a nice .357 magnum revolver with 4" barrel to complement my Smith. But the way I see it, even though I don't like Glock, there are a ton of people who do, and I feel a Taurus for a Glock is definatly trading up on my end. And if I don't get rid of it, at least I have a quality auto I can use if I ever do want to carry an auto. Not that that would happen. But I've got my Smith so in the end I'm happy. Sort of.
    Good gun control is hitting your target every time

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevolverGuy View Post
    Well I decided I was going to keep and carry my Smith&Wesson 637-2, but I ditched the Taurus for a darn Glock 23 gen 3. The gun is in great condition. I'm not happy with it because its an auto, its plastic, and its just not my thing. But a Taurus for a Glock, I couldn't turn down the offer. I'm probably just going to use it to trade for a nice .357 magnum revolver with 4" barrel to complement my Smith. But the way I see it, even though I don't like Glock, there are a ton of people who do, and I feel a Taurus for a Glock is definatly trading up on my end. And if I don't get rid of it, at least I have a quality auto I can use if I ever do want to carry an auto. Not that that would happen. But I've got my Smith so in the end I'm happy. Sort of.
    Yes. You really rocked that deal!
    old grunt and gatorbait51 like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Good deal! If I was you I would keep it around. Nice to have a good auto just in case. Nice options are always nice to have!
    That you may retain your self-respect-it is better to displease the people by doing what you know is right, than to temporarily please them by doing what you know is wrong.
    -- William J.H. Boetcker

Keep the auto never know when Zombies might attack in force.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

At the range this weekend I got to fire my friend's Glock 19 - which is pretty much the standard by which Glocks are judged.

Horrible trigger - gritty, couldn't tell where it was going to break, and the square brick grip was like a squirming Rubik's cube in the hand.

Full disclosure: It had a FTE within 20 rounds, but shot fairly accurately, as Glocks tend to do. From 9mm up to .45, they tend to be reliable and put rounds on target. I do not diss the Glock out of habit. But oh my God - how can anybody own something that feels so bad in the hand.
    gatorbait51 and Kennydale like this.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Senior Member Array Bigsteve113's Avatar
    Good move. But give that Glock a chance. It took me a lllloooooongggg time to warm up to them. I generally like steel and cylinders on my guns too. But, being forced to carry GLOCK 40's for over 20 years for work made me really appreciate them for what they are, dependable, durable, accurate fighting/defensive tools. I am a GLOCK armorer now. And I've trained A LOT with them. And i have had the privilage to regularly observe about 100 of them that see full time use and abuse. They have required very little of my armorers skills over the years. They may not be perfect, but they damned sure are one of the best.

Like I always say. I may not like GLOCKs, but i carry one everyday, and I'm glad to do it! They really are that good.

They are not pretty, sleek, are sexy. But they are highly functional. It's O.K. to like both your revolvers and your GLOCK. I do.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevolverGuy View Post
    Aint no cause to fight the power. You are half way there.

Trade that G 23 on a Glock 19, and dont look back. You can still keep & carry your S&W. I do with my model 36 classic.

Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post

Trade that G 23 on a Glock 19, and dont look back. You can still keep & carry your S&W. I do with my model 36 classic.
    Its not that I fight the power of the dark side, more like been there, done that, was left in impressed. I had a Glock 23 gen 3 before. Traded it for the Smith 637-2, and now I traded my Taurus for another Glock 23 gen 3. I only got the Glock because it is a better gun to get the gun I want. And who wouldn't trade a Taurus snub for a glock? Glock is a great gun. I do like the trigger, and ergo is actually pretty good to me. Just that I don't like autos, and can't stand polymer in a handgun. Sure I'll probably carry it until I get it traded for the gun I want. But I won't like the gun. I do respect them for being very tough and almost revolver reliable.
    gatorbait51 and LuvMyPX4 like this.

[QUOTE=TheRevolverGuy;3335146]
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post

Its not that I fight the power of the dark side, more like been there, done that, was left in impressed. I had a Glock 23 gen 3 before. Traded it for the Smith 637-2, and now I traded my Taurus for another Glock 23 gen 3. I only got the Glock because it is a better gun to get the gun I want. And who wouldn't trade a Taurus snub for a glock? Glock is a great gun. I do like the trigger, and ergo is actually pretty good to me. Just that I don't like autos, and can't stand polymer in a handgun. Sure I'll probably carry it until I get it traded for the gun I want. But I won't like the gun. I do respect them for being very tough and almost revolver reliable.
    Bet you could trade the Glock for a 642 plus cash, or maybe a Ruger SP101 straight across. They're a little harder to find, but a 4" SP101 wouldn't be a bad move IMHO.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Now you have one of those "plastic" pistols.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    Now if we could just infect him with the SIGness!
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion, Diamondback DB-15, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, S&W Bodyguard .380, FN Five SeveN 5.7.

Semper

Quote Originally Posted by SigIsTheAnswer View Post
    Maybe he could get a G32 barrel, and come down with the 357 SIGness.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

If I ever did get a Glock again it would be a 31. As it is I'm trading my extra HK P30S for an HK USPc in .40 with plans to get a .357 Sig barrel for it. To the OP, you made a great trade! Swap that Glock for a Ruger or another Smith and you'll be good to go.
    TheRevolverGuy likes this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

RUN!, don't walk to make that trade for a magnum. The longer the Glock is in your home, the stronger the Dark Side becomes, until it screams GOTCHA!.

I like your plan, but I also agree that having a semi around just makes good sense. I could suggest one of course.
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your Beretta PX4 and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” highlighted added by LMP

Quote Originally Posted by SigIsTheAnswer View Post
    I don't like many SIGs, but I have had my eye on a 938 if I was to get an auto to keep. As I do like the 1911 platform. But me and autos are like oil and water. I came up with autos, and my first handgun was an auto. But a while ago I had a misfortune with an auto that could have cost me dearly, when I called on the auto to save my knock, it malfunctioned. Thankfuly the situation ended in my favor but ever since then. I really stay away from autos, and just don't have the confidence in them that I do revolvers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links