First time out - M&P45c

This is a discussion on First time out - M&P45c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today I had a chance to FINALLY get the M&P 45c for some time at the range. Of course, the wasn't a single issue using ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Nebraska12
  • 1 Post By FLSlim
  • 1 Post By rocky

Thread: First time out - M&P45c

First time out - M&P45c

Today I had a chance to FINALLY get the M&P 45c for some time at the range. Of course, the wasn't a single issue using both HP and FMJ in a variety of standard and +P loads.

The trigger did take some getting use to. But I did eventually get it dialed in. With that however, it seemed to shoot a bit low. That's not to say I couldn't use more time with the platform, but, there may be some room for a slight adjustment in elevation. It should be said, that after even this short trip to the range, there is some improvement with the trigger...although, I didn't think it was terribly bad to begin with.

~7-10 yards, in total, about 100 rounds:

Second grouping, same distances:
    RebelSoul, Pistology and Bad Bob like this.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

2. Remove Ads

Looks good!

Nice shooting!
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Looks good. Nothing like a 45 acp and I don't care what platform one is using.
    USM1976 likes this.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Looks good! I notice I shoot a little low when I dont take my time, I end up anticipating the recoild and then jerking it a bit down. Or not enought trigger control. Keep shooting!

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I had one of those that I traded against an XDm 45 Compact. I only traded because I liked the XDm a little better, but the M&P was completely flawless.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Senior Member Array Bigsteve113's Avatar
    Good shootin'!
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

Nice! I'd agree that you should take your time between shots. Looks like you may be anticipating recoil rather than misaligned sights.

One way you can improve the trigger is to install parts from Apex Tactical. I only replaced the ejector and added their RAM.

Lead Moderator
    Looks good. It took me a while to get used to shooting my 40 FS . Now it just come natural shooting the FS or the compact.
    BlackStallion29 likes this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I love my 45c. Once I got it home my Glock 19 has spent a lot of time in my safe.---Sturgis
    S&W 64-4 38 cal
    S&W 640 38 cal
    Glock19 9mm
    S&W M&P 45C
    Mossberg 500
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    I love my FS M&P40. I can tear the bullseye up pretty good at 7 yrds, but once I get out to 10 or 15 yrds, I'm all over the eight inch circle.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Love the weapon, just wish it was lighter and smaller...the "C" is kind of misleading to me.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Links