Springfield Armory XD9 Sub

This is a discussion on Springfield Armory XD9 Sub within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good evening all, This is my first post. I am in the market for a new carry gun and went to my local gunshop and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory XD9 Sub

Springfield Armory XD9 Sub

Good evening all,
    This is my first post. I am in the market for a new carry gun and went to my local gunshop and pretty much had my mind set on the Glock 26, since I allready have a G21 and love it, but they also had and showed me the XD9 sub and I have to admit that it fealt better in my hand and with the addition of the Pearce grip extension seemed like the best choice. Has anyone had any long term experience, good or bad, with this weapon?? The price tag is a little better on the XD9 but I am more interested in a reliable gun and am willing to pay for reliability. Any advice is appreciated........Thanks.

Ha one since early 2004 like march
    The early ones like my had a rust problem but they have that worked out

Its a fine gun i prefer it over the glocks for a subcompact the finger grooves don't fit my hand

I've shot mine a ton with no problems at all

I don't carry it anymore but did for quite a while

XD-9sc

I carry an XD-9sc and have found it to be completely reliable. I have add a pearce extension to keep the pinky on the grip. It hides very well in a Comp-Tac C.T.A.C holster. I also have the service 4" XD-9. It is amazing to me that both of these XDs shoot much the same. Both are very accurate. You bought a great pistol. By the way I also like Glocks, BHPs and 1911s. But the XD is great to carry and shoot.

-- Richard

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    You can’t go wrong with a XD. I have a XD sub compact .40 cal. The only complaint I have with it is the sights could be better; then again it could be my eyes. I did read an article where the Glock test was done on an XD and it came through with no mishaps. I have only put 500 rounds through mine but I have not had any problems. It has convinced some long time Glock fans to get a XD for their next hand gun. The XD is an excellent weapon.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

The XD is the most reliable weapon that I have ever owned. A great choice!

I agree. The XD9SC was the first handgun I owned and now after at least 5,200 rounds, it still stands strong. Naturally I had a few problems that were all user related. I am very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mark555 View Post
    I did read an article where the Glock test was done on an XD and it came through with no mishaps.
    It was probably this article.

LINK

i do not have the subbie but i do have the service. My xd blows me away in terms of reliability. It shoots accurate and never stops. I am only at about 1500 rounds with mine but it has not caused any problems. I had 3 failure to fires but that was due to a trigger job causing the firing pin block to keep the pin from hitting the primer....now fixed and no more problems whatsoever. If it werent for that trigger job I would be able to tell you that in the 1500 rounds I have yet to have a single malfunction. The xd has a metal trigger, metal sights, cocked indicator, loaded indicator, grip safety, 1911 grip angle and also pretty stainless mags. Here is a torture test where they shot an xd9 20000 times and did everything imaginable to it.

http://springfield-armory.primediaou...SPstory11.html

Check out xdtalk for more info on the xd if you feel inclined. Hope this helps in your decision

oh......just incase you do get an xd get one manufactured after march of 06. they use to have finish problems but now are putting the same finish on as what glocks have.....just under a different name. melonite vs. tennifer. after 1500 mine still looks brand new.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    I just picked up my new XD45C this evening. Mine hasn't malfunctioned even once. Although, I haven't shot it yet.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

100% reliable so far. Great for a parka pocket while walking the dog. I have the older finish so I had it hard chromed at Trippresearch.com.

My little XD9SC has been a great little gun so far, and has been nearly flawless in reliability. I had one FTE in about the first 50 rds I put through the gun, but I wasn't worried because it hadn't even been broken in. Now, it runs like a champ! I carry it in a Highnoon Split Decision and it disappears. I bought it over a Glock because of the extra features on it: grip safety, firing pin indicator, chamber loaded indicator, and because it felt da** good!

whw
    The XD line of weapons are reliable, accurate and have a few features nice features that aren't present on the Glock.
    If at all possible, go to a range and rent both the Glock and XD. You can't go wrong with either gun.
    Try this link for more XD information.
    http://www.xdtalk.com/

good luck

whw

It's a great gun. I used to have an XD .40 sub compact ( my wife carries it now) and it was 100% reliable and very accurate.

It is an easy gun to carry and it conceals pretty easily.

You can't go wrong with an XD.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I have the xdsc 9mm and love the gun. no problems with it yet. Ive shot it at 25 yards and was hitting the target which is saying alot for a sub compact imho. Good luck.

Sixgun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links