Kahr CM45 Nice CCW A Real SLEEPER!

This is a discussion on Kahr CM45 Nice CCW A Real SLEEPER! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I purchased a Kahr CM45 for CCW, I already have a CW380 and CM9 that have been flawless so I wanted to try a 45. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Kahr CM45 Nice CCW A Real SLEEPER!

I purchased a Kahr CM45 for CCW, I already have a CW380 and CM9 that have been flawless so I wanted to try a 45.

First I stripped and clean the Kahr CM45, the gun was so tight especially the barrel removal, the recoil spring was had to get back in. I frog lubed the slide and barrel, put Militec oil in the barrel, used Slip Stream oil for the outside of the barrel and the rails.

At the range:
    I had carried the CM45 to the range with Golden Sabre 185grain HP and fired them first they were hitting right where I aimed.
    Then I fired WWB 230 grain FMJ's 100 rounds with no failures. Followed by another 5 rounds of the Golden Sabres. Wow this CM45 is going to be a big hit, it is small low recoiling, accurate and easy to hit with.

I stripped and cleaned the CM45 after the range time, it hade loosened up and was much easier to get apart. I am going to carry this AIWB in a Foxx Kydex Holster or a Remora.

I paid $375 plus tax for the CM45 I am pleased. I will fire another 100 rounds before I CCW it.

You have three Kahrs! I'd be happy to give up my screen name to you. I'm not worthy!
    AK_Brian likes this.
    It isnít the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by sideKahr View Post
    You have three Kahrs! I'd be happy to give up my screen name to you. I'm not worthy!
    That is a good screen name.

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    I own a K9 ,a CW9 ,and a CM9. I'm pretty sure I'll just keep the screen name that I use now.

Congrats on the new Kahr.

I picked up another Friday night. Kahr CT9 for $270 + shipping and tax. The CT9 is the new 4", 8+1 9mm value model. Kahr is having a special introductory price on the CT model so I jumped on it on my Davidsons affiliate gun store here in Orlando.

I also took my CW45, CW9, CM9, and CM40 to the range that night and fired about 150 perfect rounds through all the guns that I had previously broken in. I did not fire the CT9.

The CM45 is also on my radar as I freaking love my CW45. What a sweet gun.
    Kilowatt3 and Automatic like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I have been intrigued as of late by this thing you call CM45. How does it feel in the hand as compared to the CM9? I've owned probably 15 handguns in my lifetime and believe it or not, not one has been chambered in .45ACP. Maybe that will change soon. I love the Kahrs and that price certainly is right.

If you like a revolver type trigger, they are hard to beat................love my MK9................I think I'll stick to my P220 for .45, but I have been intrigued........................
    ritepath likes this.

Distinguished Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldirty9014 View Post
    I have been intrigued as of late by this thing you call CM45. How does it feel in the hand as compared to the CM9? I've owned probably 15 handguns in my lifetime and believe it or not, not one has been chambered in .45ACP. Maybe that will change soon. I love the Kahrs and that price certainly is right.
    I have the CM9 also and the CM45 feels almost identical in the grip.
    I think the recoil is a little more but not that much.
    One thing about 45acp that I like is that if all I could find was FMJ ammo I would feel ok using it for self defense.
    maxwell97, zonker1986 and MMinSC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve View Post
    I have the CM9 also and the CM45 feels almost identical in the grip.
    I think the recoil is a little more but not that much.
    One thing about 45acp that I like is that if all I could find was FMJ ammo I would feel ok using it for self defense.
    That's a good point. In a pinch, pretty much any .45 ammo is a good defense round, even the practice stuff. With 9mm, not so much.
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

ó Captain Bellamy

My first Kahr was a CW45, followed by a CM9 shortly after they were released. I picked up a CW380 a few weeks ago.

They've all been great little pistols. I did have the "mag drop" issue with my CW45 when I first got it, but it was corrected in very short order (one week, including shipping both ways), and has worked perfectly since.

IMHO, caliber for caliber, the Kahrs are some of the best deep concealment guns out there. They're a tad smaller than most of their competition, but have great ergonomics and manage recoil amazingly well for their size. Some folks have had their share of problems with them, but my experience has been that if you read the manual, take proper care of them, and follow the instructions, they're great guns.

I just may have to scope out the CM45!
    zonker1986 likes this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

I was playing with a few of my guns at work the other night when everyone was gone. I decided to weigh a few on our mail machine.

Glock 33 loaded with 11 rounds - 27.4oz
    Kahr CM40 loaded with 5 rounds- 21.0 oz
    Kahr CM9 loaded with 6 rounds - 19.3 oz

Its amazing to me that the CM40 feels like a brick compared to the CM9, but is actually only 1.7 oz heavier. I think after carrying for several years, we are accustomed to feeling EVERY extra ounce in our carry guns, and the loaded Kahrs are some pretty light pistols in comparison to others. Gonna weigh the Shield, Bersa BP and XDs tonight
    smolck likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

We await your research. :) All to often in shorts weather in the South, I find myself dropping in my .22 WLR mag derringer while thinking "Well, it's better than nothing..."

Distinguished Member
    I own the CW ,same gun w one more round
    Cant say enough good things about the CM/CW series of pistols...Priced right and accurate as all get out

Here are a few more of my carry guns that I weighed on our work postal meter:

Glock 32 loaded with 13 rounds - 29.5oz
    Kahr CT9 loaded with 8 rounds - 23.8oz
    Keltec PF-9 loaded with 7 rounds - 17.7oz
    Kahr CW9 loaded with 7 rounds - 21.4oz
    SA XDs 9mm loaded with 7 rounds - 25.3oz
    SW MP Shield 9mm loaded with 7 rounds - 23.4 oz.

XDs is only 2 oz lighter than my main EDC, Glock 33 loaded with 11 rounds. PF-9 is a feather and holds the same number of rounds as the XDs and is a whopping 8oz lighter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links