Help me choose my next handgun!! Some good choices!

This is a discussion on Help me choose my next handgun!! Some good choices! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have narrowed it down to the new hk vp9, a m&p core, walther ppq m1, or a cz sp01. This fun will be used ...

View Poll Results: Which for my next and only pistol

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Walther ppq

19 26.76%
  • M&p core

9 12.68%
  • Hk vp9

21 29.58%
  • Cz sp01

22 30.99%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Help me choose my next handgun!! Some good choices!

I have narrowed it down to the new hk vp9, a m&p core, walther ppq m1, or a cz sp01. This fun will be used as an everything gun. Range, cc, and home defense. I like the ppq but I had a recent m2 and had issues with it so I'm afraid to get another(it would reset and I would hear te click then I'd pull the trigger and I'd hear the click but no bang). I like the cz but thing it'll be heavy for cc. The other two I'm not sure about. Please discuss and tell your reasoning. I don't prefer we over striker fired or vice versus btw.

HK ...darn fine weapons. M&P also known to run well, though Im not familiar with the core model. Walther...shrug. CZs are also fine weapons.

I think Id give serious consideration to the Glock 19, considering what all you want a gun to do.

From that list CZ all the way. PPQ a very close second.

Go try them out and at least hold them if ya cant rent them somewhere. The way it feels will be one of those biggest considerations.
    Tactical Junior Senior Instructor Of Advanced Tactics
    The Gecko45 Tactical Academy of Tactical Tactics
    Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

Another for the CZ definitely not to heavy, I carry it in a milt summer special works great.

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    If you ever held a PPQ you would not want to put it down. If you ever fire one, you won't want any other trigger.
    1MoreGoodGuy and EdJean like this.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Another one for the CZ....

MY first choice would be the CZ.
    M&P or Walther second.
    There is no possession limit on Opinions. Take as many as you want!

Of this group, it's hard to go wrong with a CZ (not to heavy to carry). M&P in 2nd. Never personally liked the PPQ and don't have enough experience with the HK to make an informed comment.
    ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’

— Abraham Lincoln

I have owned a ppq actually 3 of them. First two I regretted selling and the 3rd had major issues. It's great to know the cz isn't too heavy for carry, but is it too big

IMO, PPQ all the way. Sweetest trigger I have ever seen on a striker fired pistol. PERIOD!

All on your list are nice guns, don't get me wrong, but over all I believe the PPQ to be the better if you plan to CC the pistol.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

My first choice would be the VP9, followed by the PPQ. Next I'd place the M&P, with the CZ last. The first two are very close but overall I think HK quality control and warranty is better. Less chance of a lemon and better service if you get one. Plus there are more aftermarket accessories for the HK (it uses P30 mags and sights, too). The PPQ has a great trigger but I feel the VP9 trigger is at least as good. I'm not crazy about the M&P trigger. I rank the CZ last because it's steel and much heavier than the others. Since it will be CC'd I would rather have a polymer gun that's lighter.

However, all of those guns are on the large size for CCW, IMO. They're workable, true. If you want one gun to do everything pretty well it won't likely be the best at any one thing.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

VIP Member
    Of the guns listed, I'd go for the CZ. If the SP01 weight is a factor, you might look at the CZ75 P-09. Full size, polymer with 19+1 capacity.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

What we like is irrelevant. What you like is everything. If this is to be your one and only do all, end all, then you MUST shoot all of them, preferably at the same range session. None of us can tell what is too heavy or just right for CC for you. None of us can tell you which trigger you will like best. My only advice is if you find two a toss up, then buy U.S. made.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    2AF
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    I am a big CZ fan and Id like a hammer fired gun over striker fired gun any day of the week but its metal not POLY
    check out the P09 instead.....it rocks !

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links