New NTS Shield.

New NTS Shield.

This is a discussion on New NTS Shield. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I loved my shield but the safety always bothered me a bit. I never kept it on and it never accidentally engaged but for some ...

Like Tree18Likes
  • 6 Post By SnoMan97
  • 2 Post By Nmuskier
  • 1 Post By TheRevolverGuy
  • 1 Post By Norm66
  • 4 Post By gregivq
  • 1 Post By Glock2201
  • 1 Post By SnoMan97
  • 1 Post By patri0t
  • 1 Post By Augrunt

Thread: New NTS Shield.

New NTS Shield.

I loved my shield but the safety always bothered me a bit. I never kept it on and it never accidentally engaged but for some reason I just felt uneasy knowing it was there. Every other aspect of the Shield I love. I tried to like other guns in it's class such as the XDs but the grip checkering was just too aggressive for my sensitive hands . The sights on the Kahrs make my eyes go crossed. The trigger on the Bersa BP9CC is scary light. So when the rumblings of the new NTS Shield hitting the shelves started last month I contacted an LGS I deal with to keep an eye out for an NTS Shield for me. They contacted me last Thursday with the good news, my new Shield was at the shop. My TS Shield sold on Friday in less than 24 hrs on a local NC forum. So, after being Shield-less for the weekend, I picked up my new NTS Shield after work yesterday. I took a small hit between the selling price of my old Shield and the purchase price of the new one but it was worth it to me. Dry firing it, the trigger actually feels better than my original Shield. Can't wait to get out and shoot it this weekend.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Great to hear. This should have been an option from the get go.
    TheRevolverGuy and old grunt like this.
    Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    Great to hear. This should have been an option from the get go.
    I agree.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Great deal. I like that the new one has no safety, mine is an older model with the safety, but the safety doesn't bother me. And I kinda like having the safety if I'm pocket carrying it. But congrats on your new gun.
    Oldpsufan likes this.
    Good gun control is hitting your target every time

Congratulations! I don't mind (or use) the safety on mine, but I don't worry about it. If you're happier with the NTS, then good on you for getting one.
    Bad Bob likes this.

Something is missing but I can't put my finger on it.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Congrats on the new pistol. That is a very nice pistol for CC.
    SnoMan97 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gregivq View Post
    Something is missing but I can't put my finger on it.
    I can't either...anymore.
    TheRevolverGuy likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thomas Jefferson

I plan on getting one of these very soon even though I LOVE MY 45 ACP!
    Congrats on the new baby!

Distinguished Member
    Congrats. That is a wise decision. You don't want to have doubts or second guesses on your CC. My only advice is next time you are not happy with your gun, you should have try a PX4.
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your Beretta PX4 and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” highlighted added by LMP

I have the M&P Shield in .40 with the manual safety, but I sweep the safety even though it's never engaged out of habit. I'd have preferred the no-manual-safety, but I won't trade it to get one. How not to love the 0.95 inch width for concealing in HOT weather.
    For me, it comes in 3rd to my Colt Defender .45 and XDs .45acp for hot weather &/or discrete carry.
    TheRevolverGuy likes this.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Quote Originally Posted by SnoMan97 View Post
    The trigger on the Bersa BP9CC is scary light.
    No, that's not a good enough reason to not like the BP9CC. (Some of us like short take-up/short reset light triggers (mainly 1911ers)). The good reasons to not like and/or hate it are because it can take an hour to re-assemble (re-coil spring placement issue), the trigger sometimes pinches (some Dremel the frame), a roll pin in the slide assembly can bend or become loose (see link below), it has a mag disconnect safety, it has an ILS, Integrated Locking System, and primer bits can clog the firing pin channel (as compared to some SIGs that mitigates it.)

Calling all BP9CC owners!

When I read of many people having problems re-assembling a pistol, especially if you come from Glock-land, it gives me pause.

http://www.bersa.com/forum/showthrea...Spring-Problem
    http://www.bersa.com/forum/showthrea...ull=1#post3564

The Bp9CC had a lot of promise to those of us who like compact sized pistols (5" high), unlike the Ruger Sr9c that is 4.61" high or 5.5"h (the same goes for SA XD/XDMs, S&Ws and SIGs) - too short or too tall. The SR9c also has a mag disconnect safety but going to either a 10 round mag or a 17 round mag is a killer for me. Another compact sized 9mm that had a lot of promise was the Remington R51 - and we all know how that turned out. Maybe the new S&W single stack will get it right. One of the most promising is probably the Walther PPS since it can have three different sized mags and at least one gives a 5.0" high grip.

Congrats on the S&W Shield NTS.

Good choice! I have 1 and a J frame with no lock as my CCW duo.
    old grunt likes this.
    ARMY INFANTRY 11c

What use is an unloaded gun? --Tony Soprano

"A ___ is better than the ___ you left at/ in the ____" -- My answer to 99% of the ?'s on here

As for a BP9cc , I bought 1 and it was a huge let down. It fired 50 rounds flawless , but the front sight fell off. Then Bersa discovered a crack in the frame and took 4 months to send me a new 1. Like I said , I was very disappointed in Bersa b/c al I ever read was good reviews.
    ARMY INFANTRY 11c

What use is an unloaded gun? --Tony Soprano

"A ___ is better than the ___ you left at/ in the ____" -- My answer to 99% of the ?'s on here

Greetings from Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Links