Sig P224 (Not Mine)

Sig P224 (Not Mine)

This is a discussion on Sig P224 (Not Mine) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife has a friend who inherited a Sig P224 in .40S&W. she has never shot it. She has a .38 S&W Snub revolver (Has ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pinot

Thread: Sig P224 (Not Mine)

Sig P224 (Not Mine)

My wife has a friend who inherited a Sig P224 in .40S&W. she has never shot it. She has a .38 S&W Snub revolver (Has had it for years ) and has open carried it when she lived in PA (so she is not a newbie to guns. She has a TX CHL). She wants to go to the range with me, to get acclimated to it. I am not sure if a gun that small in .40S&W would suit her. However i want her to really like it and use it as a carry firearm and save her .38 as a BUG. If it too much for her, while at the range i go to. I can rent others for her to tryout. Hopefully she'll like it.

I like Fate Of Destinee's reviews
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

A gun I have been eying a lot .. If you dont want it shoot me a PM I would be happy to get it from you ...

Do you know what model ? DAK ? SAS? normal ?

It is a a big all meatl gun so that should help a lot with it I would think .. It is basicly a way cut down 229 so 229 mags should work fine

Do let us know .. I have been planning on getting one for a long time
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

It all depends on HER, it's not mine. She does have some arthritis in hands. I have no problem with my SR40C. And when she took her qualifying shooting part of her CHL she used a 9mm (at that time you needed a semi to qualify carrying a semi, now that's changed in Texas i believe). I understand they are very good guns, but on the whole they get a bad rap from a lot of reviewers because of it's GIRTH. ( I think it might be just a hair wider at grip than my SR40C). I saw it once and i think it's a standard model. It was originally acquired used but had been sent to a Sig Armorer for and brought up to like new standards (The person she got it from was a perfectionist. he would not have accepted anything less then stellar, even in a used product.)
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    Its only a few ounces lighter than the 229. My 17 yo daughter shoots the 229 in .40 with no problem. Your friend might surprise you.

Interested to know how the range day goes.
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your Beretta PX4 and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” highlighted added by LMP

Might take a gander at the 239. The single-stack grip sometimes make a better fit for a lady's hand.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Oh great! Now I want one!:-)

I have a 224 in 40 and it is no different than my 229 in 40, just have to hide the pinky finger.
    Eric357 likes this.

Links