I got mail. Holster and speed sights

This is a discussion on I got mail. Holster and speed sights within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good service form the post office today. I got my custom holster from Nelson Holsters (can't believe I got it in just over a week) ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By farsidefan1
  • 1 Post By Zweet

Thread: I got mail. Holster and speed sights

Distinguished Member

I got mail. Holster and speed sights

Good service form the post office today. I got my custom holster from Nelson Holsters (can't believe I got it in just over a week) and in a smaller package I got my speed sights for my Glock 19. Yummy!

The holster was made to my specifications. I wanted a larger sweat shield so that no part of my weapon was against my skin. N82 came close but I wanted more. I have options of IWB that work wonderfully when also wearing an under shirt between my skin and the weapon but when I wear only 1 layer (cover garment), I wanted this. Right now I'm wearing my go to IWB made by Mike1956 that I really like but I'm going to close the office door and try this baby on without the under t shirt.

Ahh, got my one layer summer rig. Wearing it now. He had some reservations about such a large sweat shield interfering with the draw but I don't find it a problem at all. It's a bit tight but that is to be expected with a new leather holster. I'm VERY pleased with it.

as to the speed sights, I went with the white tritium back sights with the green tritium front sight. I'll take them to my LGS and have them installed now. Leaving work early. The market is closed and I got some shooting to do.

farside.jpgsights.jpgholster.jpg

Now you know how I dress for a normal day at the office. A bit unorthodox for a financial guy but, my office, my job and I am the boss. My clients either understand or they can walk away. Most know that I'm carrying all the time. I've been at it long enough that I don't sweat the small stuff.

The holster feels perfectly at home against my skin, neither grip sights are not digging into me as they did on the N82. I still like my N82 but this just ups the comfort lever a notch or 2. When going with 2 layers of clothing I will still probably use Mike1956 's holster but now I have options.

I'll report on the Speed Sights ASAP. My local gun shop can't put them on today.
    v1k1ng0, WHEC724, DingBat and 1 others like this.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

2. Remove Ads

Nice find at the mailbox....

Really interested in those speed sights,pics and range report asap please!!
    farsidefan1 likes this.

I've got the XS Big Dots on my Ruger. And though I'm in the center, I am a little low. Need more practice. They're great looking sights. Await your range report
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    I've got the XS Big Dots on my Ruger. And though I'm in the center, I am a little low. Need more practice. They're great looking sights. Await your range report
    If you are shooting low you need to leave a slight gap between the bottom of the front sight and the top of the rear sight. This is a common problem with users of XS sights... leaving a gap is a bit weird but once you get used to it it is easy.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Nice! Lucky you. I've been waiting for notification on my barrel for my CCO build. I'm to the point I might call and see what's going on.
    Here you are with only a week wait on a custom, custom rig. Sweet.
    And let us know how you like those sights. I really wish I had known about them when I got new sights for my G41.

And what is that, a bocce ball?

Distinguished Member
    lol, no, I collect stones that I think look like different planets then I arrange them in a solar system on a shelve. Rocks like this are a cheap collection. Max is about $80. A simple mind entertained simply. By the solar system I have a stone vase as well.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Are you sure? It looks like a bocce ball and a blue jack on the shelf to me...
    Not too far off, lol.

New holster=FUN. I ordered my wife a holster from Nelsons last week. Congrats.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    Good service form the post office today. I got my custom holster from Nelson Holsters (can't believe I got it in just over a week) and in a smaller package I got my speed sights for my Glock 19. Yummy!

The holster was made to my specifications. I wanted a larger sweat shield so that no part of my weapon was against my skin. N82 came close but I wanted more. I have options of IWB that work wonderfully when also wearing an under shirt between my skin and the weapon but when I wear only 1 layer (cover garment), I wanted this. Right now I'm wearing my go to IWB made by Mike1956 that I really like but I'm going to close the office door and try this baby on without the under t shirt.

Ahh, got my one layer summer rig. Wearing it now. He had some reservations about such a large sweat shield interfering with the draw but I don't find it a problem at all. It's a bit tight but that is to be expected with a new leather holster. I'm VERY pleased with it.

as to the speed sights, I went with the white tritium back sights with the green tritium front sight. I'll take them to my LGS and have them installed now. Leaving work early. The market is closed and I got some shooting to do.

farside.jpgsights.jpgholster.jpg

Now you know how I dress for a normal day at the office. A bit unorthodox for a financial guy but, my office, my job and I am the boss. My clients either understand or they can walk away. Most know that I'm carrying all the time. I've been at it long enough that I don't sweat the small stuff.

The holster feels perfectly at home against my skin, neither grip sights are not digging into me as they did on the N82. I still like my N82 but this just ups the comfort lever a notch or 2. When going with 2 layers of clothing I will still probably use Mike1956 's holster but now I have options.

I'll report on the Speed Sights ASAP. My local gun shop can't put them on today.
    BTW that is the idea behind the neoprene is so the holster can be worn against bare skin as i find a under shirt just annoying in hot weather.

After it gets broken in god i think you will be surprised at how comfortable it will be. Alot of people associate neoprene with waders and diving suites and think its going to hold in heat but as with most medical braces like knee and elbow braces they utilize the same neoprene and fabric i use for comfort .

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by denclaste View Post
    New holster=FUN. I ordered my wife a holster from Nelsons last week. Congrats.
    Was your holster order the nelson classic for the Beretta storm??

Links