Kahr OWNERS need only apply.

This is a discussion on Kahr OWNERS need only apply. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone would notice when reading the numerous posts about "pocket" pistols that the Kahr PM series has sketchy reliability. Granted some of these instances are ...

View Poll Results: Have you encountered problems with your Kahr PM?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 30.23%
  • No

30 69.77%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr OWNERS need only apply.

Kahr OWNERS need only apply.

Anyone would notice when reading the numerous posts about "pocket" pistols that the Kahr PM series has sketchy reliability. Granted some of these instances are the result of inadequate break-in periods. I am interested in separating the number of good cases from the bad and accordingly only want Kahr PM owners to vote. Please answer "No" if you have a PM and have encountered no problems, except for human error. Please answer "Yes" if you have encountered problems and post what the problems were.

Only Kahr PM owners NEED vote!
    Last edited by eagle5; January 18th, 2007 at 06:30 PM. Reason: grammar

2. Remove Ads

My PM9 has been great! It is my favorite pocket gun.

Same here....My PM9 has been flawless, plus I like the looks of it!!!!!
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

My PM9 is very reliable. Goes with me more than any other gun.

I just picked up my PM9 a few weeks ago. Shot 300 rounds of Walmart white box ammo through it. I had 1 shell fail to eject.
    It could have been a shell problem.

I did alot of research and read alot of bad comments about the Kahrs.
    I do not believe all the bad press these guns are receiving.

I am very happy with mine so far. I did not clean it before shooting it like I have read many people are doing. I pulled it from the box, loaded and fired.

So far I love the gun, especially the size.

PM9

I had some failures to fully return to battery in the first 100 rounds through my PM9. This was with the cheap blazer aluminum case ammo I bought just for the break in period. Since then, around 1,000 rounds of varied ammo types with zero failures of any kind. Surprisingly accurate for such a small pistol.

Ron

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I had some failures to fully return to battery in the first 100 rounds through my PM9.
    I had the same , but was easily recitified by simply pushing on the back of the slide with the thumb. Since this was within the break in period i voted no problems . It has been flawless after the initial 100 rounds or so well within kahrs recomended shoot inn.
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I have to Kahrs, a PM9 and P45.

Kahrs are T-I-G-H-T.

Mine are, and they were tighter out of the box. That 200-round break-in period loosens 'em up a bit, and my theory is that that is where a lot of the problems people have with them come from.

The PM9's also had some sort of problem with the feed ramps toward the beginning of their production runs with Speer Gold Dots. If you shot Gold Dots out of your PM9 and had a problem, they'd polish the feed ramp for you for free and for nothing.

I love my Kahrs. They are great guns. Light, easily concealable, more accurate than they should be, very ergonomic (at least for me), and at least after that 200-round period (some people say 500 rounds), very reliable.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Administrator
    I've have had several Kahrs (Kahr used to provide samples for P.Ds)
    I settled on the PM9, I was one of the first to have one in the state... I have had NO problems at all, I can't say enough good things about Kahr.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Mine is a Kahr MK9 Micro all stainless steel. I like it a lot. It hates Speer ammo, will eat anything else I feed it.
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I gave my dad a first year out Kahr K-9 and its has never had a single hick up. I personally own a TP-9 and with about 200 rounds through it not a single issue. My only "problem" (use that term lightly) is that there is so much magazine pressure that a slight bump will cause the top round to pop out of a mag that is not in the weapon. Tight, accurate and very concealable, one day the K-9 will join the TP-9 in my safe, but I do not hasten that day, and will wait very paitently for it to come about.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

VIP Member
    I have had "problems" so I answered "yes."

However, my problems, five or six FTFs during the 250 round break-in period has not resurfaced since and the gun is now reliable.....I have a couple of thousand rounds through the gun now.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Administrator
    How come all the posts are positive about Kahrs, but 1/4 of the votes are negative?
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    It may not be the case six , but my vote could have went either way , since it failed to return to battery early on . I chose to vote no problems tho since it was early in the shoot inn period kahr reccomends . Others have stated they voted it as a problem during the break inn .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I put close to 500 rounds through a P9 and sent it back to the factory once. It still failed to return to battery one out of every 8 rounds or so, and I frequently had feeding problems. The top round in the mag liked to hang up on the feedramp, it occurred with HPs and RNs. I gave them a shot to fix it and they failed to do so. No more Kahrs for me.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links