New G30

This is a discussion on New G30 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am pleased to announce that I now own a G30. It is a little thicker than my G19, 23 and 27. However, it is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New G30

New G30

I am pleased to announce that I now own a G30. It is a little thicker than my G19, 23 and 27. However, it is still not hard to conceal. I am currently carrying it in a bianchi OWB pancake holster although I am considering purchasing a Serpa level II concealment holster.

Tomorrow I will be purchasing a few G21 mags which fit in to the G30. This coming Tuesday I will probably put about 250-300 rounds down range. My carry ammo will be 185gr +p Federal Hydra-Shoks.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2. Remove Ads

Congrats!

Good choice...accurate little piece.
    I'm not out to save the world....just myself.

whw
    I think you will find the G30 to be the best shooter that Glock has to offer. What a great gun.

Wade

Nice package to carry some 11 rounds 45s. Mine has been flawless. It is a mild shooting 45 and happens to be very accurate. I use Speer GD Short-Barrel 230gr ammo. Enjoy!

VIP Member
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback guys.

My sincerest apologies, Drill Sgt Thumper . I will definately take some pictures soon, and post them.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

congrats on the new glock. I have been thinking about a G30 myself
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything
    Wyatt Earp

NRA Member

I have had my G30 for just under a year, and love it. You should have fun with it.

I found my strong hand would hurt after some dry fire or live fire. The other night I compared it to my G21, and found the checkering on the G30 had more of a point on it. A little 220 sand paper, and about 5 min, problem solved.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

RB
    G30 is my only Glock and I like it. Small, compact, concealable, what more could you want?

It is the ONLY out of the box pistol other than my PT92 that I did not have to work on [read: gunsmith] to get going reliabily.

I will bet my life on the G30

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by glock21guy View Post
    I have had my G30 for just under a year, and love it. You should have fun with it.

I found my strong hand would hurt after some dry fire or live fire. The other night I compared it to my G21, and found the checkering on the G30 had more of a point on it. A little 220 sand paper, and about 5 min, problem solved.
    Or toughen up you hands. My HK USP has really sharp checkering, after a bit of use with it though, I don't even notice the checkering. I figure it gives me a better grip, especially in wet weather.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Dang, It must be the G30 season as I bought one today. I met a friend and sold him my G26 and went straight to the local gun shop and walked out with the G30.
    I had heard some good things about it and wanted a Glock in .45 but compact(kinda) and still with 10 round capacity.

I hope to take it to the training pits tomorrow and run a couple of hundred rounds of FMJ, federal HST hollowpoints and even some of my polymer coated SWC's through it.

Sorry it took so long to post a picture. I couldn't find my USB cable until today.

Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Nice choice!! BTW, I have a G29 (10MM) and there are +2 beveled mag extentions out there to fit your gun..I have em on my 29, and I know they fit the 30, to make it a 12+1 capacity instead of 10+1
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I have put about 400 rounds through my G30 now. It has been flawless with everything but my SWCs but I was warned about that beforehand.
    I had to sand the mold seam right under the trigger guard as it was sharp and was tearing up my middle finger.
    I have small hands but that big gun seems to fit me just fine. I have been carrying it both appendix and 3:00 in a hume 715 with straps. It carries very nicely and I am getting more and more comfortable with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links