My HK VP9 Arrived......

My HK VP9 Arrived......

This is a discussion on My HK VP9 Arrived...... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; and I am beaming after my 1st trip to the range! I'm pretty new to shooting, so I was a little worried about ordering a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: My HK VP9 Arrived......

My HK VP9 Arrived......

and I am beaming after my 1st trip to the range! I'm pretty new to shooting, so I was a little worried about ordering a pistol I had not held or shot (only held a P30). I also prefer a hammer & safety, but maybe that's because of familiarity? Anyway, now that she's here, I'm delighted! My CC pistol is a Sig p938. I love that pistol, but it's not an easy pistol for me to shoot well (precision shooting).

The VP9 is so soft & smooth to shoot! A real joy for me. Very easy to operate, nice looking, and is a quality feeling and looking hunk of plastic. I've shot Glocks & Sigs, and I really like the way the small back straps/panels fit my hand. I also like the mag release. Easy for me to operate (much more so than some button ones). Very positive ejection & incredibly smooth, gentle seating of mags. I won't say anything about the trigger, other than its very nice, because I don't have enough experience to act like I know what I'm talking about.

I shot 150 rds of Magtech, WWB, & Federal. 115 & 124 gr. No issues at all. Ran like a champ as I expected. I did clean the pistol before heading to the range. It came soaked in more grease than I've ever seen on a gun, but since I haven't seen that many new ones, maybe that's standard?

There's no way I can conceal this gun on my frame, except under a large parka maybe, but I did not purchase it for that. I figured I could sell the gun if I didn't like it, but so far, I'm positively giddy over this thing ! Attached is a pic of the first 15 rounds fired out of the pistol @ 10 yds. I can't wait to get to the range again.

IMG_20140904_111432240_HDR.jpg

Yep same hk hit it right with this ..

And I live in a OC state so she might be seeing some carry time
    redbirddog5 likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Congrats !!! I wish I had the money to get my VP9 out of jail :( Thats is some mighty fine shooting for a brand new gun that you are unfamiliar with. Very nice work!!!! What are your thoughts on the sights?From what i have read people either love them or hate them.
    redbirddog5 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Very nice shooting ( I hope you were aiming at head?)
    redbirddog5 likes this.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

From all I read, it should keep a smile on your face. Congrats.

Oh, and I doubt it is too big to carry. I manage to conceal a 1911 on my skin and bones frame (more difficult for me was the smaller, but thicker G30). With the right holster and belt to pull your H&K tight, you can dress around it.
    redbirddog5 likes this.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Congrats !!! I wish I had the money to get my VP9 out of jail :( Thats is some mighty fine shooting for a brand new gun that you are unfamiliar with. Very nice work!!!! What are your thoughts on the sights?From what i have read people either love them or hate them.

Mine came with night sights. I bought in on a group buy, and the price was so good it was almost stupid not to pay the extra $30, or whatever it was, to get it shipped w/ NS and 3 mags; however, the man who processed the pistol at the LGS likes his son's VP9 w/ standard sights so much that he/store is considering not ordering any with NS. His son reportedly works w/ a company that provides private & gov't personal security. The 18 man unit were all issued VP9's after the majority of the group picked the VP9 over their former striker-fired carry. "Ned" said this outfit really likes the standard sights for their work, because they reportedly can charge them if they want them to glow at night while also being able to remain dark when their job calls for it. Versatility for the tactical "high-risk" groups, I guess. Hearsay is all I have to offer.

I didn't mention the "charging ears," but I really like them. I can see their utility, and they aren't nearly as prominent as I thought they would be. Based on high res, close-up pictures on the internet, I was almost expecting them to look like airplane wings. Whew.

I think you'll be very happy when you get yours, Taurahe! The wait will make it even better

Oh, and I doubt it is too big to carry. I manage to conceal a 1911 on my skin and bones frame (more difficult for me was the smaller, but thicker G30). With the right holster and belt to pull your H&K tight, you can dress around it.

Your probably right; however, as a 105 lb woman, I definitely think it would require thought & dressing around. I feel comfortable with this pistol in a way that I never was with my instructor's Glock, and even though I just got it, I would be happy to carry it. It's so smooth to operate, ladies!

Congrats on the VP9. I cant wait to get one myself.
    redbirddog5 likes this.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    Very nice shooting ( I hope you were aiming at head?)
    I think she was shooting COM!
    Last edited by high pockets; September 5th, 2014 at 07:21 AM.
    redbirddog5 likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    I think he was shooting COM!
    The he is a She

Without a photo of the HK, I am left to think your target is the result of shooting your 938.
    redbirddog5 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Struckat View Post
    Without a photo of the HK, I am left to think your target is the result of shooting your 938.

I wish that shooting was w/ the Sig. I can hit what I need to w/ that little pistol, but I struggle to hit where I was aiming, or at least w/in an inch or 2 or 3 . I'm still recovering, mentally & physically, from taking the
    p938 to an all women's pistol class in August. Lol. I was the only one dumb enough to bring a subcompact. Skin grows back though.

IMG_20140905_081936619_HDR.jpg
    ironmike86 and Phaedrus like this.

Very nice HK, but the bag is a little much, no?
    redbirddog5 likes this.

A little much for who? The fellas maybe, but my floral backpack, originally bought as a diaper bag, has been converted to a near perfect range bag for me. Lots of pockets for organizing shooting necessities w/out being a suitcase. Me love Yours must be black?
    Phaedrus and ironmike86 like this.

That's funny, I told my oldest son to go and by a range bag to use as a diaper bag. Then it can become his range bag once the child has grown.
    nizachon and redbirddog5 like this.

Awesome! Looks like a great choice. I want one too, but am going to wait a while to make sure there are no recalls. I hear great things about it like the trigger.
    redbirddog5 and ironmike86 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links