XDS 9mm mag release difficulties

This is a discussion on XDS 9mm mag release difficulties within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just picked up XDS 9mm yesterday. I put 150 rds through it and I really like it. My only trouble is that the mag release ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By urban soldier

Thread: XDS 9mm mag release difficulties

Just picked up XDS 9mm yesterday. I put 150 rds through it and I really like it. My only trouble is that the mag release seems to bind and be really hard to depress intermittently. I thought maybe I was blocking with my other hand on opposite side, but it isn't that. Is this just needing time for break in? Not sure how the mechanism works, but man that is frustrating. It was working fine at the store when I tried it 10 times.

I own the same piece, I've never had any issues with mine, in fact I just gave it a break, I carried it for a while. As far as your issue goes, unload it do your safety checks first and then try it a few times it could just be a little sticky. IMHO
    Eric357 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array CIBMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uralite View Post
    Just picked up XDS 9mm yesterday. I put 150 rds through it and I really like it. My only trouble is that the mag release seems to bind and be really hard to depress intermittently. I thought maybe I was blocking with my other hand on opposite side, but it isn't that. Is this just needing time for break in? Not sure how the mechanism works, but man that is frustrating. It was working fine at the store when I tried it 10 times.
    The XD mag releases are stiff,by time you fill up the mag with all that ammo it takes a bit of effort to release it and seat it...........but it will get easier.My XD 45 was the same way.Consider it a by product of owning a very sturdy pistol.Be very deliberate with banging in your reloads and ejecting your mags.
    The easy way is always mined.

My XDS-45 was VERY hard to depress when new. After 3 of 4 months, it seems to be lightening up.

Links