Help finding a compact carry gun

This is a discussion on Help finding a compact carry gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; An adivce for a person looking for a good compact (easy to hid) carry gun. I would like an semi-auto DAO in 9mm. Under $350-400!?! ...

Thread: Help finding a compact carry gun

PM [OP]

Help finding a compact carry gun

An adivce for a person looking for a good compact (easy to hid) carry gun. I would like an semi-auto DAO in 9mm. Under $350-400!?! Yes, I know that PUTS A BIG LIMIT on it!! Used is fine (really do not want to go the auctioin route) suggestions of what might fall in the price new and used. Thanks

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    In the price range ( maby stretching it a bit but not much ) I would reccoment either a taurus melinium series , or a Kahr cw series . If you can deal with the trigger the Kel-tec p11 is right there too . I cant and wont recomend the skyy due to the actions of one of thier vp's early on , i have no idea how good or bad thier pistols are , but anyone who allows that idiot to represent them dont need my money . Good luck on your search and i am shure others will chime in with other ideas too .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Gun store by me right now has KAHR Cw-9s are about $370. Some people don't like them because of problems with the earlier models, but I have a S&W Sigma 9VE that I like, same shop has them for $300. I have heard good things about the Taurus Pt's too. Might be able to find a good deal on a XD for a little over 400, those are a little big, but lots of people on here conceal em. See if there is a store around you that has police trade in Glocks.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Kahr, used, does it for me. Not traditional DAO, but 'safe action' striker fired.

I got a P9 with only maybe 20 rounds through it for $375.

I dont know my smiths too well but there is a 3913 , DA, but I think thre's a complimentary model that is DAO.

Beretta 9000s 9mm Type G. A little hard to find (the DA/SA Type F is easy), but should be around $300. Grip is a little thick (double stack 12 round mag) and pull is a little long, but I carry the Type F every day.

Personally, I don't care for Kel Tec, except their little 380 due to its incredibly small size.

look at cz 75 compact,or semicompact. cz make's good hand gun's. they shoot anything you can put in'em

save up an extra $100 and get you a springfield XD sub-compact. You be happy you did and it is worth the extra money
    Springfield EMP
    XD 40 SC
    Para Slim Hawg
    Rossi .38
    AK-47 Bulgarian SSR 85C 2
    AK-47 Hungarian AMD 63

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear his pants.

Based on your requirements - S&W 3953. DAO in a nice, small, light weight, good looking package. 8+1 capacity. They can be found from $325 to $475, depending on condition. Regards 18DAI.

My choice for that is my Kel-tec P11. Another good choice would be a S&W CS9 or 40 or 45, XD compact but there are lots of good carry guns that would meet your needs.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

KAHR, but spend just a little more and get a Glock 26.

In your price range the KT P-11 or the thinner, lighter PF-9. Perhaps a used Kahr. OR the real sleeper, if the weight doesn't put you off-------the Makrov. Those little guns shoot much better than they should!!!!!!!!!!
    str1

+1 Kahr CW9, but personally, I would save a little more and get an Springfield XD9SC (although it isn't DAO as you spec'ed out).

Links