Walther P99/AS & P99c/AS

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  P95Carry 
#1 ·

Getcha' one! :danceban:

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes, I have this Model in .40 compact. It is very nice. Just a little too much muzzle tilt for my frail arms; may need to sell and change to 9mm.

Biggest problem--finding holsters. Everyone advertises holsters for Glock, Springfield, and Kel Tec, but it is hard to find one specifically for this model---or I'm looking in the wrong places.

Too, it is too large for pocket carry and IWB given my waistline. So it stays next to the bed, and I carry a Colt 380.

I particularly like the double-single action, the decocker, the ambidextrous nature of the thing, and it is quite easy to take down and clean.

I once got a (discontinued line) batch of 125 grain .40 from CCI. With those it was a fantastically easy gun to handle. I hope someone from Blazer reads this.

I did have a main spring break, and it took S&W almost 9 months to get me a replacement :-

#4 · (Edited)
P95Carry:

My friend bought a new full size SW99/AS recently, and now he is looking for a compact like yours (family duo).. So far none to be found. I think the SW99c/AS compacts are getting scarce.

If our dealer can't find one for him he'll just order a P99c/AS like mine.

You probably know this already, but CDNN sells factory mags for both the S&W and the Walther's very reasonable. I think the 10rd mags for your pistol are $12.99. S&W Customer Service sent me two free fingertip mag extensions, but I think if you have to buy them they're only around $2.

I think these are fantastic pistols, and both certainly WAYYYY more accurate than I am capable of taking advantage of.

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

P.S. Here's another of my favorite 9's....

#5 ·
P95Carry:

My friend bought a new full size SW99/AS recently, and now he is looking for a compact like yours (family duo).. So far none to be found. I think the SW99c/AS compacts are getting scarce.

(SNIP)
JP: At SHOT Show (last week), I spoke to a Walther rep who said the P99c AS is being imported again into the U.S.; Walther stopped importing them either late 2005 or 2006 in favor of the P99c QA.

I have a pre-2004 (with the angled dust cover) P99 AS Military (OD Green frame) 9mm, P99 QA Titanium (with the light rail) .40 S&W (seen here),

and P99c AS. All of them have the short mag release lever. I'd love to get another P99c AS with the new mag release lever like yours.

Hey....I have one of those too!

You, sir, are a man of outstanding firearms taste! :35:

#6 ·
What taste all round eh :smilez:

The funny thing with my SW99 - is it was bought somewhat on a whim - happened to be a guy in state and we met up to do the deal, albeit thru a FFL. I knew of the gun but little real detail. He said it was good for accuracy.

Well - that was first thing I established - amazing accuracy and even my old eyes can manage the sights OK.

Thx for the mention JP - about the mags. I actually have IIRC two of the std length and two of the extended - which will do nicely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.