Defensive Carry banner

Chrony Results w/ Kimber 1911s

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  TheHun 
#1 ·
Finally got a chance to try out the Chrony at the range yesterday. Before it started raining too much, I ran several strings of the Winchester ammo I had on hand to see how my two Kimbers performed with the same loads. Below are average results in Feet Per Second.

______________________Desert Warrior 5"____Ultra CDP II 3"
White Box 230gr FMJ-----------------814----------------720
Ranger SXT 230gr JHP----------------868----------------800
Ranger SXT +P 230gr JHP------------932----------------874

The Chrony is a pretty neat little gadget. It'll be a lot of fun to try out different loads, especially if I get back into reloading. I have the Master model which has an remote display/control.

See less See more
#2 ·
Great Review

Nice review ! I always wanted to play with a chronograph, especially back when I did a bunch of reloading...Looks like white box ammo has a slower burning powder compared to the other two...Looking forward to some more feedback on your new gadjet.:hand10:

#3 ·
Here is more,
for those who consider using FMJ's for various reasons other then paper killing. FORGET ABOUT CCI BLAZER -the aluminum cased ones.

15 rounds.
hi: 795.2
lo: 750.7
av: 769.4
es: 44.5
sd: 12.3
ad: 9.4
PF: 177 <----- The surprise !!!

I expected those factory rounds at the 850 f/s velocity range as they are advertised.
CCI Blazer -chronos around 770 f/s and loaded less then they advertised.

15 rounds of Blazers again:
hi: 801.3
lo: 743.1
av: 772
es: 58.2
sd: 15.1
ad: 11.2
PF: 177

Test gun: Kimber Team Match II (.45)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.