looking to get a hawg

This is a discussion on looking to get a hawg within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking at the warhog, nite hawg or the 9 hawg. But not sure how i feel about this gun. I went to the gunshop and ...

Thread: looking to get a hawg

looking to get a hawg

Looking at the warhog, nite hawg or the 9 hawg. But not sure how i feel about this gun. I went to the gunshop and held on in my hand but really didnt like the way the back of the gun fit in my palm.

I would like to know from people that my have one of the above, how does it feel when you shoot the gun does it brother your palm when you shoot it?
    My Home Is Protected BY
    Mossberg and Kimber
    The People who Take a Bite out of Crime

1911 Ultra Carry .45 .40 and 9mm
    Mossy 590 12G

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    I had no problems with mine regarding gun-to-hand fit and it was a comfortable shooter, my problem was the Para-Kote finish, do yourself a favor and get one in stainless.

I know exactly what you mean. I was also curious about the Hawgs, and handled a couple in the store. The reduced grip left my pinky and palm dangling and it wasn't comfortable.

If it doesn't feel right at the gun counter- it isn't going to get better on the range IMHO.

In my quest to find the perfect compact, I compared the Aegis from Kimber, the Hawgs- (particularly the 9mm) and the EMP from Springfield.

I bought the EMP which has a thin nice 1911 grip, and still provides some length to the grip. I love mine, and had no problems.

I have one and the short grip can leave you feeling "off" but I didn't buy it for a range weapon. When I broke it it I didn't have any problems related to the grip and it's gone bang every time I pulled the trigger.

I had the opposite problem with a Glock. It felt great at the counter but every one I have tried I have hated to shoot. You'll never know until you give it a shot.
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

Rent some and test them out.
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

I've held the warthogs and don't like them because of the grip, it's just too thick for concealed carry, for me. I went with the slim hawg. It's extremely thin and and very small, even smaller than the EMP.
    Springfield EMP
    XD 40 SC
    Para Slim Hawg
    Rossi .38
    AK-47 Bulgarian SSR 85C 2
    AK-47 Hungarian AMD 63

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear his pants.

Links