Can I get an education on Springfield? - Page 2

Can I get an education on Springfield?

This is a discussion on Can I get an education on Springfield? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've owned 2 SF's an XD in .40 and Commander 1911. Both were good economical guns. then I got the accuracy and expensive 1911 bug ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I get an education on Springfield?

I've owned 2 SF's an XD in .40 and Commander 1911. Both were good economical guns. then I got the accuracy and expensive 1911 bug and sold both. I can tell you the 1911 with over $2500 of Robar mods http://www.robarguns.com was a horrible disapointment. fortunately I did not put all the mods in the guns but I just did not perform as well as it should. It always ran true but accuracy and the feel of a fine 1911 was not there.

The XD was a fine .40 True the finish take a little getting used to and there are more safeties on the thing that a Glock, but a fine shooting pistol.
    Last edited by nighthawk; February 18th, 2005 at 12:57 AM.

Another Springfield Fan here. I have the XD S.C., and two loaded SS 1911's (full and officers) as well as a M1A. All work great and that's why I go back to them.

I carry a full size stainless Springfield 1911 that started as a basic stainless very similar to the Mil Spec. It didn't take long before I added a beavertail grip safety, match trigger and Wison springs and magwell. The only difference in it and a "loaded" is the ambi safety and match barrel. The safety I think is the same as the Mil Spec and it doesn't hang. I've carried the gun for about 8 years now. I think SA makes some fine guns. My next purchase will probably be a "loaded".

Depending when you loaded was build if it has Nm as the Serial# its a National mach frame and slide at least thats what ive been told .. mine is a NM # its year old or so and i notice most newer ones arent

I love my XD 9 subby and carry it everyday. In the PRK we can't get it in stainless so the finish stinks but, SA will redo it if it gets real bad.
    I want the m1A in scout or SOCOm form.
    I also want the Mil-spec. Its high on the wish list and might be my 1st 1911.

I've got the XD40 service model (4") in stainless. Other than a few specks on the slide after the first cleaning, the finish has held up very well. Just a light brush with some very fine steel wool and break-free, not one blemish since.

Great shooter, perfect grip angle for me, and I like the grip safety -- not just for the trigger, but it also keeps the slide in place when holstering, etc. The trigger is really smooth. Nice take-up, smooth and deliberate pull. It just feels right.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by jlwatts3
    In the PRK we can't get it in stainless so the finish stinks but, SA will redo it if it gets real bad.
    What?? The State restricts the material/finish that your gun has? Explain, please I didn't know it was that nutty....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I'd imagine it's not on the list. My understanding is that in the People's Republik of Kalifornia you can only buy handguns on a list of pre approved models, and it has to be that specific version. For instance if the 4" bbl version of the Model 686 is all that's on the list, you couldn't buy one with say a 6" bbl.

God I hate Kalifornia. I pity anyone stuck there.

Administrator

Meanwhile.......

I would have thought that Kal~Lee~Fornn~E~Yah State Gun restrictions would relax a bit once "Arnold" was in office.
    Whoda thunk that Ahhhh~Nold The Terminator was basically anti~gun in real life???
    He turned out to be a big wimp on steroids.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Ive been thinking all day on one of the Springfield WWII 1911 models hum maybe a report on that in a few days if i see one tomm at gunshow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links