I think I made a good deal

This is a discussion on I think I made a good deal within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up a Gen 3 Glock 19, with some extras, via trade yesterday in exchange for an FNP-9 and a couple holsters. Altogether I ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By RT
  • 1 Post By diggler1833
  • 1 Post By LimaCharlie
  • 1 Post By ShooterGranny
  • 1 Post By FlaRon

Thread: I think I made a good deal

RT [OP]

I picked up a Gen 3 Glock 19, with some extras, via trade yesterday in exchange for an FNP-9 and a couple holsters. Altogether I got the pistol, original box, 4 - 15 round magazines, and 2 Galco holsters: a King Tuk and a Double Time. Also, the pistol has a Glock factory front night sight installed, so all I need to buy is the rear night sight and I'm all set. I haven't had a chance to get to the range with it yet, but everything appears to be in order after detail stripping it when I got home. In fact, it doesn't look like it had even been fired all that much by the previous owner. All in all, I think I made a pretty good deal.

Now, if you've seen one Glock, you've seen them all, but here's a picture (albeit a crappy one) anyway to ward off any "this thread is worthless without pics" replies.

IMG_20141014_093611_008.jpg
    DingBat, BurgerBoy and FlaRon like this.

Senior Member Array diggler1833's Avatar
    I guess dollar for dollar you came about even depending on what you spent on the FN. The benefit would be if you like and shoot Glocks better.

As long as you are happy, then good job.
    RT likes this.

Congratulations. If you are happy, I am happy.
    RT likes this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

RT [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by diggler1833 View Post
    I guess dollar for dollar you came about even depending on what you spent on the FN. The benefit would be if you like and shoot Glocks better.

As long as you are happy, then good job.
    Well... I had about $350 in the gun that I traded for the FN and the holsters. Since that same FN and holsters were traded for the G19, I got a barely fired Gen3 G19, 2 extra mags for 4 total, and 2 decent holsters all for about $350. That's why I think I made a pretty good deal. :)

Also, while the FN was accurate as can be, that thing absolutely killed my trigger finger. Another thing is it initially felt really good in the hand, but the first time I actually fired it, I noticed there was something that wasn't quite right with the fit.

RT [OP]
    Well, I just got back from the range a little while ago with the new acquisition, and it functioned perfectly. I ended up running a little over 200 rounds through it with no problems whatsoever. Rounds fired were: 150 Federal aluminum case, ~50 WWB fmj, and several 147 gr HST to make sure they would feed properly. To be honest, I don't know why I always used to hate on Glock. Maybe it was the large fanboy following the brand garnered that I wanted to distance myself from? Who knows? What I do know is that since I went to the dark side a while back with the purchase of a G26, I have noticed that I shoot a Glock quite a bit better than other handguns. The new G19 did not disappoint.

The couple targets I remembered to save for pictures do not show great shooting by any means, but I feel they're pretty good by my standards. This first target is one at which I was point shooting at 7 yards: 10 shots, most of which were single shots with a couple of double taps in there. I was pleasantly surprised I kept them all on paper, especially since I just started to mess around with point shooting not too long ago.

P1020635.JPG

The second target, also at 7 yards, depicts a slow fire 5 shot group followed by a semi-rapid fire mag dump, and another magazine doing the same. I was pretty impressed with the slow fire groups, especially the one on top, and that I kept all shots within the 8 inch circle when speeding things up. Like I said.... not great, but good enough for me for now.

P1020637.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    The second target, also at 7 yards, depicts a slow fire 5 shot group followed by a semi-rapid fire mag dump, and another magazine doing the same. I was pretty impressed with the slow fire groups, especially the one on top, and that I kept all shots within the 8 inch circle when speeding things up. Like I said.... not great, but good enough for me for now.
    P1020637.JPG
    If you practice for self defense purposes (which is what I do) rather than for bulls eye type scoring, that second target WOULD SHO NUFF stop the threat.........or at least slow it way, way, way down!!!! Good going.

I like both my 26 and 19 reallly well also............heck, I like Glocks!.
    RT likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

RT,

You will like your G-19. Sounds like you made a fair deal.

If your not already doing it practice staging your Glock trigger after each shot.

Once the trigger is pulled all the way to the rear and a shot is fired release the trigger to the reset (first click) then stop and fire the next shot and repeat.

FlaRon

Image 1.jpg
    click image to enlarge....
    RT likes this.
    II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T. Larkin

Sponsored Links