Anyone shoot the NAA mini .22LR revolver?

This is a discussion on Anyone shoot the NAA mini .22LR revolver? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How's the recoil on this little thing? I picked up a Cobra 9mm derringer for $125 but the trigger pull is impossible. Would like a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Anyone shoot the NAA mini .22LR revolver?

How's the recoil on this little thing? I picked up a Cobra 9mm derringer for $125 but the trigger pull is impossible. Would like a little wallet gun but not sure what to go with.

.22 NAA Mini.jpg

"Defend a woman and she'll be safe for a day; teach her to defend herself and she'll be safe for a lifetime."

TWAW Chapter Leader ~ NRA and TWAW Certified Instructor ~ NRA Life Member

I have two both 22mag .. A lite jump on the normal grips not recoil but just big hands tiny grips not easy yo get a lesh ... My go too is my pug model .. Night sights and heavier grip

But yeah there is no real recoil ..

Do note unless you get the I think sidewinder model you have to pull the whole cylinder out to reload .. So really it's a 5 and done gun no fast reloads ..

Also look at the old hi stander derringers .. My other micro last ditch gun
    FlaRon, navajoRN and AzQkr like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Administrator
    Mine is fun. I like it mostly for popping cans sitting around the campfire type of shooting. As a carry piece? Meh.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I have the 1 1/8 barrel with the conversion cylinder. Not much recoil. I generally practice with 22lr and carry 22 mag. So easy to conceal that you can carry it anywhere it is legal. It is a very up close and personal gun. About 12 feet is the most I am very accurate with, but then I am not an expert marksman to begin with. If you want more accuracy, you might want yo look at the NAA Black Widow.
    navajoRN likes this.

I have a NAA Pug. Good shooter, not much recoil, at all. My go to, when ultra-covert is necessary.
    navajoRN likes this.

I had the one that came with a 22 mag cylinder and 22lr cylinder it was fun to shoot. Recoil is a little snappier with the 22 mag but it isn't bad at all.
    navajoRN likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Do note unless you get the I think sidewinder model you have to pull the whole cylinder out to reload .. So really it's a 5 and done gun no fast reloads ..
    Thanks for the info. Is the sidewinder an NAA model as well?

"Defend a woman and she'll be safe for a day; teach her to defend herself and she'll be safe for a lifetime."

TWAW Chapter Leader ~ NRA and TWAW Certified Instructor ~ NRA Life Member

Cool

I had one years ago but my hands were to dang big to get hold of it and thumb cock the hammer quickly.

NAA makes a neat little folding grip with a pocket clip for large hands that folks say works well but they did not have that when I had mine.

http://northamericanarms.com/accesso...all/ghg-m.html

My "wallet" gun is my G-42.

photo.JPG
    click image to enlarge....
    Farmerjohn likes this.
    Unapologetically American

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T. Larkin

Quote Originally Posted by navajoRN View Post
    Thanks for the info. Is the sidewinder an NAA model as well?
    Yes....

North American Arms Sidewinder
    navajoRN likes this.

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T. Larkin

I added the folding grip and greatly increased my accuracy over the standard wood grips. It makes it much easier to hold , but a bit bulkier.
    Attached Images
    FlaRon and Diddle like this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I have an NAA 22LR, no recoil to speak of but with the stock grips it does tend to slide in my hand. Great fun and a good gun to carry when a regular sized gun just isn't practical.
    navajoRN likes this.

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    I had the model that folded into it's own handle. It was fun to shoot. Shouldn't have sold it............
    navajoRN likes this.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Distinguished Member
    I have a couple of these little monsters. Yes, for a 22lr there is movement, hate to call it recoil. Nothing that's not manageable. One note of caution, the edge on the cylinder is sharp. Becareful to keep your thumb clear or it will bite you. They are great little guns. good luck
    Don't let facts cloud your judgement
    NRA Member

Administrator
    Interesting that the former owner of a popular gun store in PA. (now deceased) who had every possible handgun available for him to daily carry - carried the smallest NAA Mini in .22 LR every day almost exclusively. True story.
    PAcanis likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Interesting that the former owner of a popular gun store in PA. (now deceased) who had every possible handgun available for him to daily carry - carried the smallest NAA Mini in .22 LR every day almost exclusively. True story.
    So much for his mind set on a self defense weapon.
    zonker1986 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links