Defensive Carry banner

new carry piece !!!

1K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  SGeringer 
#1 ·
:yup:
I off 'ed a .22 pistol that I just wasn't "thrilled" with, and traded for a Smith 5906 with tritium nite sights. Yep, I never thought I would try a 9mm, but what the heck. The gun is a miniature pistol of my old Smith 1066 10mm that I had, but this just feels so right. I hear they are very accurate arms. It holds 15 in the mag, plus one in the pipe makes 16. Oh Joy !!! :smile:
I also talked them out of a box of ammo. We'll see if Sundays' weather will be good so I can fire it.
I'm a happy camper !!!

#2 ·
Great! Kudo's on the free ammo. Let us know how it shoots, and show some pics.

#4 ·
You've got a REALLY NICE PIECE there!! I've had a couple of em, and they shoot and shoot and shoot!! I'd never feel undergunned with one of those.. They kinda bring me back to the "Starsky and Hutch days" when Paul Michael Glaser <Starsky> carried a S&W model 59...........That's one reason why O ran out and bought one, cuz they <the Mod 59/659/5906> looked so cool..

#6 ·
Welcome to the 9mm club Art :smilez:

Is that the version which will take other barrels? Just wondering. One version would take a 9x21 barrel IIRC.

After action range report mandatory!!

#7 ·
Great pistol! I have a 5904 that I will never part with. It has been very reliable with everything I've put through it and quite accurate. A LEO friend in FLA had his smith smooth the action just a tad and it is a pleasure to shoot. You will enjoy that S&W for many years. I bought mine NIB about 17-18 years ago I guess w/o looking at the sales receipt. Enjoy!

Rick

#8 ·
Arthur, good to see you are joining the club. I remember that the first 9mm you ever fired was my SIG P239. I think you fired the S&W 439 as well. I'm sure you will like the 5906. I still don't do as well with double stacks as with single, but the more rounded grips are not too bad.

The 1066 continues to be one of my favorite pistols. I even have an Eric Larsen holster on order for it. I let the police chief and his twin brother shoot it a month or so ago and both of them wanted it. I told them that maybe there are some out there, but mine is not for sale. I'll have to do some searching in the spring to see if I can find them some.

I hope the weather cooperates so that you can shoot the new toy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.