NEW Taurus 24/7

NEW Taurus 24/7

This is a discussion on NEW Taurus 24/7 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to the gun shop today and the owner of the shop said that she saw a Taurus 24/7 subcompact. Now this is great new ...

Thread: NEW Taurus 24/7

NEW Taurus 24/7

Went to the gun shop today and the owner of the shop said that she saw a Taurus 24/7 subcompact. Now this is great new for me because I love my Taurus 24/7 but hate the size. I was going to trade it in for a Glock 27 today but decided to hold off to see what the new one is going to look like. Does anyone know of this and if so do you have pics? I would love to see it and even see what the price tag is looking like. Thank you
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

I haven't heard of the SC, but I would think it would be very similar to their PT-111. I can't vouch for the 111, but I have the 45acp version, the PT-145 Millennium Pro and it is one of my favorite firearms.

tex
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

I had heard a rumor they were going to put out a compact version of the 24/7 but have never seen anything to confirm this.

I have seen the Specs on the Taurus web-site, but no pics are posted yet. The best feature is that the capacity remains the same as the original 24/7, but the size is smaller. See...

http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...ategory=Pistol
    The United States Constitution (c)1791. All Rights Reserved.

One thing to remember is Taurus has put things on the web site and never relased them, so (while I hope they make them) I'd say it's a wait and see kinda thing.

I talked to a dealer who had seen one of them. He felt it was a 'compact', not 'subcompact' - and that it was a shortened slide version of the basic 24/7. Should be a good gun.
    Clint
    Kansas - The original Old West
    Open Skies - Long Vistas

Quote Originally Posted by kansas_plainsman View Post
    I talked to a dealer who had seen one of them. He felt it was a 'compact', not 'subcompact' - and that it was a shortened slide version of the basic 24/7. Should be a good gun.
    i hope because i loved my 24/7 but it was getting hard for me to conceal it. that compact would be so much better
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Looks like the "Compact" is less than an inch shorter than the full size, about 2oz lighter, and the same height and width. If you can't conceal the FS, doubt the "Compact" would be much better.
    str1

Links