I've gone to the dark side.....

This is a discussion on I've gone to the dark side..... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Coming from a revolver only owner previously, not necessarily by choice but by budget and school, I have joined the dark side! Went to my ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: I've gone to the dark side.....

Coming from a revolver only owner previously, not necessarily by choice but by budget and school, I have joined the dark side! Went to my favorite gun store and finally got me some plastic! My new glock 19 gen 3, now time to find an IWB holster. And yes I am awaiting cheers from my fellow glock family, in god and glock we trust. 20141115_141410.jpg

Also those white boxes are Federal 115 +p+ hollow points, what are your thoughts on those for carry?

You can't go wrong with an Alien Gear holster, pretty comfortable and affordable. Congrats on new gun! Get yourself some target loads and break that gun in.....as if glocks need that.

Lock 'n Load, Tapatalk!!

VIP Member
    Nice gun.... But +p+ means nothing to me. Aside from wearing your gun out faster, their is no empirical data to substantiate any claim they are better than standard ammo. All things equal, standard ammo let's you get on target faster for follow up shots, is easier on the gun, hands and wallet, and is generally easier to find. That said, if it works for you roll with it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Ianthin and wmhawth like this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

VIP Member
    Great gun! I'd like a 19 myself one day. As to the +p+, while it would probably be safe, I think it's overkill really. +p+ isn't regulated enough for my liking. I'm sure that stuff will get the job done, but I'd go with +p at the most. Myself, I run Hornady Critical Defense or Duty in my Pistols.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Welcome to the Dark Side...We have cookies, you know.
    Spudboy66, BurgerBoy and gloves12 like this.

Congrats on the Glock!
    Why is it every time I hear "the dark side" I know it's Glock? Suppitdat?
    How much difference is there between terrorism and tyranny?

VIP Member

Congrats, it will serve you well....

Thanks everyone, now I am a little concerned about the +p+. I had asked the owner of the store and he said this cartridge runs well out of the glock, I fired a few and they had a little more kick than the standard FMJ I fired. From what I have read so far I think LEO use this round and these are overstock, can anyone confirm this?

*Edit* I am really liking the feeling of carrying 15 rounds in a magazine with 2 other mags ready than my 5-shot LCR. Although the LCR isnt noticeable carrying which is its strength.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

hammer1270 likes this.
    “Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.”
    ― Miyamoto Musashi, A Book of Five Rings: The Classic Guide to Strategy

VIP Member
    Welcome to Glockville........where the sun always shines.

For many years I've been using a Kydex "just fits the gun" IWB holster which is the best for me because I CC at around 2:30.

For SD purposes any good brand of SD ammo will be effective as long as you aim properly . Some people recommend 124 gr. for SD. I like 147 gr. Both do very well in my Glocks. For range use I have always preferred Sellier & Bellot 115 gr round nose, but have also used Remington and Winchester White Box. They all do well. Avoid really cheap ammo because it is usually really dirty stuff.

I NEVER use +P+ in any of my guns. If you want to punish your hands and arms with BIG TIME RECOIL buy a 44 magnum or 50 cal revolver.

I do use .38+P for SD in my small j frame even though it's a .357, just for the difference in recoil.....cause I'm an old lady.

And: You didn't ask, but Gramps and I are using Frog Lube as cleaner/lubricant all in one in all of our guns now. It is superb! It is also non toxic which is something to think seriously about when you have lots and lots of years of life left. I order ours from Amazon.

And it really is OK to prefer calling it The Dark Side. Everyone else does (almost!).......
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Glocks.............not matter what you hear. Good for you. Happy you've joined the crowd.
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    Chris

If I'm laying in an emergency room, dying from a gunshot wound, I don't want to answer my wife's inquiry as to why I wasn't armed with "There was a 'NO HANDGUNS' sign on the door and my integrity got the best of me!"

+P+ in 9mm? No need really, but yes. The Glock will handle it. Who can afford to feed a steady diet of +P+ anyway?
    StormRhydr likes this.
    How much difference is there between terrorism and tyranny?

Thanks everyone, now I am a little concerned about the +p+. I had asked the owner of the store and he said this cartridge runs well out of the glock, I fired a few and they had a little more kick than the standard FMJ I fired. From what I have read so far I think LEO use this round and these are overstock, can anyone confirm this?

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    My Gen 3 Glock 19 has survived 8 training schools and is still ticking along.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links