Charter arms ultra 38

Charter arms ultra 38

This is a discussion on Charter arms ultra 38 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up a Charter arms ultra light weight 38 with hammer over all shots good very light does have a recoil with full load ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Buckeye63

Thread: Charter arms ultra 38

Charter arms ultra 38

I picked up a Charter arms ultra light weight 38 with hammer over all shots good very light does have a recoil with full load wade cutter. What are yall thoughts on them?

The early ones and new ones are decent for the price .. I had one .. Felt rough and cheep to me .. But I would have no issues with them as a truck gun or as carry gun if I did not have my s&w ... And the whole no internal locks and made here is a good thing
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I've owned a lot of Charter firearms over the years ..and have 3 in my safe at this time..one being a Charter Undercover UL..38spl.
    The newer Charter revolvers with the barrel shroud are covered with a lifetime warrenty that follows the handgun ....
    The newer ones even the UL are Plus P rated..not the older ones without the barrel shroud..
    As for quality of the Charter handguns...the newer ones are great revolvers...the older ones seem have better fit and finish but they are not as strong..
    The Charco years was a little lean on quality ..from what I heard..
    The only Charco I owned was a 44spl..and it was a heck of'a gun..

As for Charter quality vs newer S&W J frame ..its a toss up either way..
    As I mentioned I have owned several...

I carry my Charter..for SD and have complete trust in them..

Quote Originally Posted by ditchdoc1017 View Post
    I picked up a Charter arms ultra light weight 38 with hammer over all shots good very light does have a recoil with full load wade cutter. What are yall thoughts on them?
    Got a stainless Undercover at my side right now. (This one's new. My 1.5 year old gun went in 3 times for 2 different problems, and they just up and replaced it.)

Factory boot grip is "ucky". Pessimal. YMMV. Factory "combat" grip is much nicer, but interferes with speedloaders. I've settled on a Pachmayr Compac grip -- looks nice, fits my hand, speedloaders clear it.

Charter's customer support is very good. Guns are "OK, I guess", with some interesting features. I'm somewhat interested in getting their .44 Bulldog.

If you want a permanent foster home for it I have enough room in my small family and would welcome the little one.

44 spl

On Duty UL SS Polymer grips & custom finish by CCR

357mag Pug
    Haywood likes this.

I would like to try one of the new Charter ultra lights myself at 12 ounces they would be a joy to carry not so much to shoot. But a wad cutter traveling about 800 fps would do nicely I believe.

Sponsored Links