J Frame ergo grips

J Frame ergo grips

This is a discussion on J Frame ergo grips within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have never seen the j frame Delta ergo grips, has anyone ever used them? Thoughts?...

Thread: J Frame ergo grips

J Frame ergo grips

Have never seen the j frame Delta ergo grips, has anyone ever used them? Thoughts?

VIP Member
    Had to google them. First thought was they make a Glock look pretty! I think they would take some getting used to. Not only the angle but the bulk as well.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Didnt think it was possible to make a glock pretty.

I'm curious about those for the LCR too.

Not to threadjack but anybody's experience with those would be appreciated.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I don't think they would work for me. I like to get the webb of my hand up high on the hump of the back strap. Now if they brought the rubber up to the level of the hump, like the LCR, I would try em.

Theres some you tube video and supposedly it helps get a higher grip which from what i read and experienced helps with recoil management i have a 442 and shoot with my hand high on the backatrap

I took the stock rubber grips off and went with the skinny wood traditional style.
    That made a big difference in controllability for shooting +p and pocket carry.

Cool

Not familiar with those grips.

For my j-frame I prefer the Eagle Secret Service grips for ease of concealment especially in pocket carry.

Image.jpgImage.jpg click image to enlarge....

Found Ergo web site and while I understand the principal here it would not be for me.

http://ergogrips.net/products/handgu...elta-grip.html

Unapologetically American

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T. Larkin

A friend bought a set for his 442. Several of us tried shooting with them on the gun. We pretty much agreed that the angle threw us off, they were too bulky for comfort or control, and the grips acted like a wedge to lever the gun up and out of the hand under recoil. The friend promptly removed them.

Still want to give them a try? I suspect my friend would sell them cheap!

(Hint: Save your money. Not everything different is better.)

John W in SC

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    I bought a set some time back and put them on a 640. Worked well. Absorbed recoil from .357's better than the Hogues. I finally took them off because when I carry this gun, which is seldom anymore, I pocket carry. They are too bulky and sticky for that.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links