Mecgar's 18 rd, flush fit mag - 92FS & Cx4 - this is somethin'!!! pic link added

This is a discussion on Mecgar's 18 rd, flush fit mag - 92FS & Cx4 - this is somethin'!!! pic link added within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered two of the Mecgar 18 round flush fit mags and a +2 extender. I am impressed! The pic on the left shows the ...

Thread: Mecgar's 18 rd, flush fit mag - 92FS & Cx4 - this is somethin'!!! pic link added

Senior Moderator

Mecgar's 18 rd, flush fit mag - 92FS & Cx4 - this is somethin'!!! pic link added

I ordered two of the Mecgar 18 round flush fit mags and a +2 extender. I am impressed!

The pic on the left shows the 18 round with plus 2 extension (20 rounds + 1) in the 92FS compared to the previous 20 round mag in the CX4. The mag in the pic is an 18 round w/o the +2 extender.

The pic on the right shows just the opposite - the 18 +2 in the CX4 and the previous 20 round mag in the 92FS.

The 18 round mag would be great for CCW, if you can tolerate a full size gun. But the impressive advantage of the 18 +2 shows up clearly with the CX4. This is 20 + 1 rounds and it barely protrudes below the CX4 grip.

This would make a great SHTF combo - a 92FS with 18 + 1, a CX4 with 20 + 1 and two 20s on the belt. The 80 rounds plus in four mags interchangeable between a handgun and long gun.

And please, please, please, don't start a "yeah, but I prefer a rifle round if I'm gonna have a long gun" We've had that lengthy debate already and if it starts here I'm gonna delete those remarks. That isn't what this is about. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Uh-oh - the pics didn't upload??? I'll post them in my flickr account and provide a link. Be right back.....

Here's the flickr link:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/65918986@N00/

Well, shoot, I still can't get them to upload to CC - gonna try again.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Hmm, no pic?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jchoo View Post
    Hmm, no pic?
    I know, I'm workin' on it. I just realized what the problem is. When I tried to upload to my flickr account, it's taking forever and still going. I just didn't wait long enough for the pics to upload to CC.

Because of the weather, I'm at home today and have to use dial-up - 45 kbits i s. . .s o o. . .s l o w. . .

Senior Moderator
    Hmmm, apparently the CC pic upload didn't make the move with us.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Interesting, Tangle. I'll have to get a few for my 92FS. I don't carry it often, though I did qualify with it for my Nevada CCW. I usually carry my XD 45. But still will be nice for the range, and the 92FS also sits in a cut out concealment book a few feet from my recliner, in easy reach should I need it in a hurry. I'll do a search, but do you happen to have a link to buy the magazines?

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    I've done business with the above and they're fine, but I bought mine through TG Supply and they were fast. You might want to compare prices.

If you get a +2, you won't get installation instructions, if you can't get it on let me know.

I'm gonna see if I can find the link to TG Supply; I'm not at my normal computer so I'll have to do some backtracking; be right back.....

Senior Moderator
    I'm back....here's where I bought mine:

www.topgunsupply.com

Links