What shall my choice be?

This is a discussion on What shall my choice be? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd be careful about the workplace too, don't want to stray too far off the main question, but fortunately, my place of work is one ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What shall my choice be?

Red face

I'd be careful about the workplace too, don't want to stray too far off the main question, but fortunately, my place of work is one where it is extremely unlikely I'd have a confrontation (classified DoD work with a security force)...so I keep it locked in the truck. Since your business takes you to residential areas, I would probably carry. I know that a lot of mental patients don't exactly live in the "Leave It To Beaver" or "Nelson Family" type neighborhoods. I would assume that if your "patients" were of any type threat, they'd be in a "facility" with security. I would be more concerned about the area of town and the neighborhoods you'll go to. Therefore, like a few previous comments, I'd be more concerned abouting ability to adequately protect myself, and possibly the patient, than some company rule that is more applicable to the corporate office environment. Frankly, I think they are more concerned about someone going "Postal". But, as any reasonable person could conclude, if someone is going Postal, a frickin sign or rule ain't gonna stop them ! Pick an appropriate sized pistol and use an ankle holster. For Winter time, when a light or heavy jacket is used, the possibilities are unlimited....consider a shoulder holster rig......There.....my nickles worth.

2. Remove Ads

mikaldulee: This discussion is moot unless the individual's civil rights have been violated and they've been subject to an unreasonable search without consent, which is actionable.

Regardless whether you are on company property or not, they do not own you. You are free to walk at any time due to any circumstances that you do not agree with. Do not consent to a search and you will not be discovered in violation of company policy. Common sense?

For what its worth, I am not condoning that mrshonts violate company policy while on company property. However, I do suggest that mrshonts arm himself when he is off company property and venturing into bad areas that place him at risk, like housing projects for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospector
    I would assume that if your "patients" were of any type threat, they'd be in a "facility" with security.
    Only the worst of the worst, and then only those who have been caught and processed while doing the worst, are typically in a facility. Budgets don't allow for it, so some folks who still represent a serious danger to themselves and/or others are out on the streets in pseudo-managed care with no security.

Quote Originally Posted by mikaldulee
    Triggertime...Getting fired isn't the only consideration. Trespassing laws vary wildly from state to state. Businesses are private property in most areas. Private property owners have the right to post and to make their employees follow rules.
    And in any place that I'm aware of, you have to receive a warning to leave and then continue to trespass before charges are filed.

You refuse the search, you collect your things, you leave.

Let's not stray to far off course..

We know that mrshonts knows hes not supposed to carry at work and it can get him fired..

So lets Stay the course on what he will eventually get to carry.

The discussion for consent to search or walk out is valid but let it be posted in another thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links