Kahr dirt test.

Kahr dirt test.

This is a discussion on Kahr dirt test. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was doing some shooting yesterday with my primary carry gun, kahr cw9. I have owned this gun going on 3 years and really like it. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Kahr dirt test.

Kahr dirt test.

Was doing some shooting yesterday with my primary carry gun, kahr cw9. I have owned this gun going on 3 years and really like it. I don't shoot it as much as I should because my other handguns and ammo prices.

Anyway I read reviews on the terrible kahr pistols and most of it is people just repeating what they read.

I am going to do a series of these videos to prove kahrs reliability. I have nearly 1500 rounds through this gun with out a single failure even during the dirt test. I don't believe in all these stress test because 99% of people don't put their guns especially their carry gun into these situations.

More than anything I thought the test would be fun, if the kahr failed I still would carry it without a second thoughts.

Cleaning when I got home sucked!

Sorry for video quality.

My CW45 is fine...shoots great

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Very entertaining, thanks.
    gen3 likes this.

I haven't had a single malfunction with my Kahr. My biggest problem is deciding whether to take my glock or my kahr when I get up, its like sophie's choice everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Addictedhealer View Post
    Anyway I read reviews on the terrible kahr pistols and most of it is people just repeating what they read.
    That's just a guess. Hard to know what's true across the brand, when full-brand stats aren't kept or known. Hard to dismiss first-hand reports as something else, though.

But it's good to see you've had good luck with your own Kahr. Wonderful format, ergos, accuracy in the Kahrs. Glad to see you have experience excellent reliability.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    That's just a guess. Hard to know what's true across the brand, when full-brand stats aren't kept or known. Hard to dismiss first-hand reports as something else, though.
    I'm not dismissing those who have had bad experience first hand. I'm dismissing the friend of a friend and I read kahrs hit or miss. Those with bad luck totally sucks! Shouldn't happen but it does. Kahr always takes care their customers.

I see kahr pistols similar to the 1911 platform. Hated from some loved by many. Those some always voice their hatred and issues they have had.

Either way I'm not justifying kahr arms few finicky guns, I agree it shouldn't happen.

No individual result is a statistic. I've owned, carried and shot Kahr pistols since my first K9 in '96. Other than an occasional ammo-spitting mag-issue, the performance has been stellar.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    My wife has two Kahrs and so do I; all four Kahrs are reliable and have rarely seen FMJ, mostly HP.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    Just like a green light does not mean automatically go, it means proceed safely after checking intersection. Depending on any gun is foolish w/out putting a few hundred rounds through it to check for any bugs, IMHO.

Glad you did that with your CW, that will keep me from trying that same test with either of my CW's.

I will be confident now if I drop my Kahr in the garden while tilling or whatever and it gets covered in dirt it will be ready to dispatch any rouge rabbit that might try to take advantage of my dirty gun.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I shot one a couple of months ago. It had fixed sights that weren't zeroed. The owner (one of the guys I shoot with regularly) thought it was just him, but a handful of us shot it and had the same experience. That surprised me a little - seems like a basic quality control item. The other thing I didn't care for was the very long trigger pull that lacked a reset (it stayed long all of the time). That's just personal preference.

As far as dirt and testing, the Daniel Defense Torture test videos are fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Glad you did that with your CW, that will keep me from trying that same test with either of my CW's.

I will be confident now if I drop my Kahr in the garden while tilling or whatever and it gets covered in dirt it will be ready to dispatch any rouge rabbit that might try to take advantage of my dirty gun.
    I remember you letting me shoot your CW45 at your CHL class. I was impressed that the gun was so soft shooting...I remember it was nothing what I expected for shooting that gun. Eventually I will own a .45 of some type. Even though the Kahr trigger is different than my Glocks...I'm sure I could learn to shoot a Kahr.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    At least I know if I find a Kahr in the dirt someday I'll be able to take it home, clean it and use it.

I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I had to send my CW9 back to Kahr 3 times early in its life. Since then it's been very reliable with more than 8,000 rounds through it.

I've never gotten it dirty, but I did spend a day at a combat shooting class dropping spent mags into dusty sand, then blowing them out, and refilling them with no problems.

Having torn it apart completely a few times I expect it would do fine if I dropped it in the mud. I'd just flush it with water and keep going.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

With all due respect to the OP, I believe the "testing dirt" is supposed to go on the...INside.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links