Question for moms and possibly dads

Question for moms and possibly dads

This is a discussion on Question for moms and possibly dads within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife is pregnant and wants to go to the range and shoot but she is concerned that all the noise could affect the baby,as ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Question for moms and possibly dads

  1. #1
    Member Array whinebag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    231

    Question for moms and possibly dads

    My wife is pregnant and wants to go to the range and shoot but she is concerned that all the noise could affect the baby,as this is our first kid we don't know everything so thought I'd ask here,not sure if this is where I should have posted this thread but hope someone may know
    hammer1270 likes this.


  2. #2
    Member Array rubberfrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    115
    She should not be at the range while pregnant.

  3. #3
    Member Array BRachum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    25
    Lead
    Hopyard and Kennydale like this.

  4. #4
    VIP Member Array multistage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NW Iowa
    Posts
    2,499
    Not a sawbones, but if my wife was expecting another (God save me), there would be no lead.

    Or maybe it's plum safe. As I said, I am no doctor.
    hammer1270 and WrongRecroom like this.

  5. #5
    Member Array Calvito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    200
    I think I would be more concerned with the lead exposure than the noise, but the noise might be an issue too.
    Eagleks and Kennydale like this.

  6. #6
    Member Array whinebag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    231
    Kind of what we was thinking she wanted to go a few times I went and I didn't let her because I didn't think it would be good(which after I mentioned that she agreed) so thanks for the info

  7. #7
    Member Array MLittle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    472
    Take some advice from a Grandfather..... Your wife should not go shoot until After she delivers your child. Why take an unnecessary risk?
    welder516 and Kennydale like this.

  8. #8
    VIP Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    West Branch
    Posts
    2,304
    Hang a body bag in the garage so she has a place to take out her aggression and something to hang on too during the delivery.




    What?
    hammer1270 and Hopyard like this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

  9. #9
    Member Array whinebag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by MLittle View Post
    Take some advice from a Grandfather..... Your wife should not go shoot until After she delivers your child. Why take an unnecessary risk?
    Yes sir,sounds like good advice
    welder516 likes this.

  10. #10
    Administrator
    Array SIXTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    20,304
    Yup, lead is the danger, not noise. Don't do it unless you want a baby cyclops or something like that.
    "Just blame Sixto"

  11. #11
    Member Array whinebag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Yup, lead is the danger, not noise. Don't do it unless you want a baby cyclops or something like that.
    Yep definitely don't want that,I can't believe I didn't even think of the lead

  12. #12
    VIP Member
    Array ShooterGranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southeast USA
    Posts
    2,661
    The noise could very well be an issue! You're talking about really LOUD noise and the fetus isn't wearing earmuffs - ALL those really strong vibrations can be felt by the baby. Playing beautiful, calming music "for your in utero developing child" has been recommended for a very long time - for a reason.

    NO - there is no hard clinical research to prove the above. BUT I would follow the wisdom.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

    ==================

    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

  13. #13
    New Member Array unixfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    6
    I used to talk to our first child while she was still in the womb (normal level of talking)...she'd respond every time with kicking and moving. I'm pretty sure loud guns isn't going to be healthy for a baby. Even if there's no health issue, the baby could stress out enough to where it might cause your wife problems. With our third child, my wife was stressing out with work, which stressed the baby to the point where he was moving all over the place and ripped something to the point where she hemorrhaged.

    Yes, lead is also an issue, but if a baby has sensitive ears enough to respond to voices that are beyond the womb, what do you think the baby will do when he/she hears firearms being triggered at a range? Both lead and the noise are strong reasons to not go to ranges while pregnant.

  14. #14
    Member Array whinebag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by unixfool View Post
    I used to talk to our first child while she was still in the womb (normal level of talking)...she'd respond every time with kicking and moving. I'm pretty sure loud guns isn't going to be healthy for a baby. Even if there's no health issue, the baby could stress out enough to where it might cause your wife problems. With our third child, my wife was stressing out with work, which stressed the baby to the point where he was moving all over the place and ripped something to the point where she hemorrhaged.

    Yes, lead is also an issue, but if a baby has sensitive ears enough to respond to voices that are beyond the womb, what do you think the baby will do when he/she hears firearms being triggered at a range? Both lead and the noise are strong reasons to not go to ranges while pregnant.
    It all makes sense to me
    unixfool likes this.

  15. #15
    VIP Member Array Ghost1958's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    6,555
    I doubt noise would do anything to an unborn. Lots of loud noises just going thru a day.


    Lead I dont know. Never heard of it and know a lot of pregnant women that shot and hunted till I was afraid they would deliver in a deer stand and nothing was wrong with their kids.

    That said I doubt it would be GOOD for the baby either.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •