Question for moms and possibly dads

This is a discussion on Question for moms and possibly dads within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife is pregnant and wants to go to the range and shoot but she is concerned that all the noise could affect the baby,as ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Question for moms and possibly dads

My wife is pregnant and wants to go to the range and shoot but she is concerned that all the noise could affect the baby,as this is our first kid we don't know everything so thought I'd ask here,not sure if this is where I should have posted this thread but hope someone may know
    hammer1270 likes this.

She should not be at the range while pregnant.

Lead
    Hopyard and Kennydale like this.

Not a sawbones, but if my wife was expecting another (God save me), there would be no lead.

Or maybe it's plum safe. As I said, I am no doctor.
    hammer1270 and WrongRecroom like this.

I think I would be more concerned with the lead exposure than the noise, but the noise might be an issue too.
    Eagleks and Kennydale like this.

Kind of what we was thinking she wanted to go a few times I went and I didn't let her because I didn't think it would be good(which after I mentioned that she agreed) so thanks for the info

Take some advice from a Grandfather..... Your wife should not go shoot until After she delivers your child. Why take an unnecessary risk?
    welder516 and Kennydale like this.

Hang a body bag in the garage so she has a place to take out her aggression and something to hang on too during the delivery.

What?
    hammer1270 and Hopyard like this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Quote Originally Posted by MLittle View Post
    Take some advice from a Grandfather..... Your wife should not go shoot until After she delivers your child. Why take an unnecessary risk?
    Yes sir,sounds like good advice
    welder516 likes this.

Administrator
    Yup, lead is the danger, not noise. Don't do it unless you want a baby cyclops or something like that.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Yup, lead is the danger, not noise. Don't do it unless you want a baby cyclops or something like that.
    Yep definitely don't want that,I can't believe I didn't even think of the lead

VIP Member
    The noise could very well be an issue! You're talking about really LOUD noise and the fetus isn't wearing earmuffs - ALL those really strong vibrations can be felt by the baby. Playing beautiful, calming music "for your in utero developing child" has been recommended for a very long time - for a reason.

NO - there is no hard clinical research to prove the above. BUT I would follow the wisdom.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

I used to talk to our first child while she was still in the womb (normal level of talking)...she'd respond every time with kicking and moving. I'm pretty sure loud guns isn't going to be healthy for a baby. Even if there's no health issue, the baby could stress out enough to where it might cause your wife problems. With our third child, my wife was stressing out with work, which stressed the baby to the point where he was moving all over the place and ripped something to the point where she hemorrhaged.

Yes, lead is also an issue, but if a baby has sensitive ears enough to respond to voices that are beyond the womb, what do you think the baby will do when he/she hears firearms being triggered at a range? Both lead and the noise are strong reasons to not go to ranges while pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by unixfool View Post
    I used to talk to our first child while she was still in the womb (normal level of talking)...she'd respond every time with kicking and moving. I'm pretty sure loud guns isn't going to be healthy for a baby. Even if there's no health issue, the baby could stress out enough to where it might cause your wife problems. With our third child, my wife was stressing out with work, which stressed the baby to the point where he was moving all over the place and ripped something to the point where she hemorrhaged.

Yes, lead is also an issue, but if a baby has sensitive ears enough to respond to voices that are beyond the womb, what do you think the baby will do when he/she hears firearms being triggered at a range? Both lead and the noise are strong reasons to not go to ranges while pregnant.
    It all makes sense to me
    unixfool likes this.

I doubt noise would do anything to an unborn. Lots of loud noises just going thru a day.

Lead I dont know. Never heard of it and know a lot of pregnant women that shot and hunted till I was afraid they would deliver in a deer stand and nothing was wrong with their kids.

That said I doubt it would be GOOD for the baby either.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links